Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

TJs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJs

Trader Joe's owner dies at 88

Theo Albrecht was considered a father of the discount store strategy
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

No way! Rest in peace my grocery store hero.
    -Ladybug

Comment

I will toast his memory with a glass of two-buck chuck.

(Or I would if we had any.)
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

TJs

I didn't realize he was 88. I'll have to make a trip out to the cities to TJ's in his honor.
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
          I will toast his memory with a glass of two-buck chuck.

(Or I would if we had any.)

Cheers! (I don't have any either ...) I think tomorrow I'll make an all-TJ's lunch in his honor (thank God for our TJ's delivery service!)

Comment

I used to love Aldi when I was living in Germany. I always did my weekly shopping there and it seemed no matter how many bags of groceries I carried out of the store, I still somehow couldn't manage to spend more than the equivalent of $45.

Comment

We have an Aldi here, but I haven't ever been to it. Is it related to Trader Joe's? I'll have to check it out. I love the idea of a $45 grocery bill!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wow. I miss TJ's! I use to go when I lived on the outskirts of the city: Oh i miss the pre-made frozen lobster bisque for 2.49....mmmmm. I need to make a trip out and relive the memory!

Comment

Aldi... . Oh the memories of scanning the ads every week. You can buy computers there, even! Dh used to buy Currywurst there in med school.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

TJs

We have an Aldi here!!!! Their brand of coffe/chocolates taste like the real thing! I love going there. I have a babysitter right now. I'm eating lunch and then going. Anyone want something? I'll ship it.

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Trader Joes was started by the same guy that started Aldi's.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Kris and Alison-

Don't forget I've got the entire German food section at the Commissary- including the curry ketchup!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X