Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Night Shift is Over!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Shift is Over!!!!

After four long weeks, and not too many fights, NIGHT SHIFT IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!

So glad to have the DH back in the bed

Yay!!! Such a relief! I'm dreading DH's coming up next week, but he only has a week and a half, so I can't complain too much.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

SUch Such a relief. The first week was awful, the second week I started REALLY enjoying the house and space to myself. we shall see how it goes now that I have to give up the only child life back to sharing. I think it will be just fine

Good luck with yours!

Comment

Yay!!!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Congrats! You survived!

Comment

Did he have night shift every night for 4 weeks? Sorry probably a dumb question.
            I am enjoying having him home ALL the time (MS-3) so I am just trying to prep myself for residency hours

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaMac View Post
              After four long weeks, and not too many fights
              I just read this over again..and I have to smile and laugh. Honestly is there ever any of these residency issues, that doesn't involve some sort of fighting? Even a little? lol Not really lol. I laugh because I think of all the times that even after we have survived 39 days of straight call, and no fighting, we end up fighting the weekend he's off because of all the stuff that builds up during the rough part lol. It's like you try to be understanding and deal with things, but your emotions still surface one way or another!

Comment

It's so funny, because know that he's home I'd rather him by on night shift! He comes home at 7 falls asleep by 930 and then I have to tiptoe around to not wake him up and now that he's home all I want to do is talk and catch up and he just wants quiet time (so more fights ensue). Ergo, one must have patience to endure residency and not a quick temper...things I will work on.

As far as his night shift. It was basically every night night shifts for four weeks. When it was the weekend sometimes he had to work friday night as well so he would sleep all day saturday, wake up stay up till three then sleep all day sunday and go back to work sunday night. Only two weekends did we have a friday/saturday off. It's not fun!

Comment

That does NOT sound enjoyable.
                  I may have to call you in 2 years and vent.

Comment

Working...
                  X