Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Calendar Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar Thread

A while back there was a discussion regarding the virtues and draw backs of various on-line calendar programs. I'm attempting to locate it. Can someone help me? If not, would you all mind re-visiting this topic? I'm looking for something inexpensive, internet accessable, and that will print out well. Thanks!
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I am really fond of Google calendars. I can list it in day, week, month or task-list view. DH and I also share calendars - for example he lists all of his medical schedule and I just keep it invisible unless I need to see it. I love it.

-C
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      I am really fond of Google calendars. I can list it in day, week, month or task-list view. DH and I also share calendars - for example he lists all of his medical schedule and I just keep it invisible unless I need to see it. I love it.

-C
      This is what we do. I love being able to check on call days etc. when I'm in my office planning our social life. I haven't tried printing.

Comment

Us, too. Dh synchs his work calendar with mine, and I can view it our only see mine (his is TMI! I only want to know if he'll be in town or not). I've got the google calendar synched with my phone (droid), pc, and iPad, so no matter what device I've got in front of me, I only have to add an event once. Plus, you don't have to physically sync any of the devices(like you would with a Palm OS). Because it's google and you're accessing google it jus IS.

Comment

We also sync calendars through Google. It's awesome.

Comment

The google calendar sounds very cool! I might try that.

The yahoo calendar prints very nicely! I also like the yahoo app for viewing my calendar.
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I just dug this up bc I keep seeing people talk about syncing calendars with their DH, but I can't figure out how to do it. We both have iPhones and I want him to be able to see my, very comprehensive, calendar of our lives. I know I should know how to do this, but keep failing So...help!! How do I do it? Do I have to use special calendars or is the one I use on my phone ok?

Comment

In theory we use Cozi but DH never updates or checks it so I don't know that I'm a huge fan
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                  I just dug this up bc I keep seeing people talk about syncing calendars with their DH, but I can't figure out how to do it. We both have iPhones and I want him to be able to see my, very comprehensive, calendar of our lives. I know I should know how to do this, but keep failing So...help!! How do I do it? Do I have to use special calendars or is the one I use on my phone ok?

When we got engaged and started registering for gifts, getting venue information, etc, I created a joint dummy email. We actually still use it and it is on both of our iPhones. The calendar from that email is our joint calendar. If you add it right on your phone it'll update yours, his, and iPads or computers that are linked. I've found it to be extremely helpful just to have the information at a glance. I put my work schedule in because it is so sporadic so he has an idea of what I'm doing. It also has all of our bill due dates in case he decides he might actually care.. HAHA. I swear without me he'd never remember to pay ANYTHING
                  sigpic
                  buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Gmail shared calendars, different gmail accts, sharing between calendars. Works on iPhones well
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Thanks, ladies! I'll check out those suggestions!

Comment

We use Google Caledars. He uploads his schedules and I enter in the kids' crap. They update on each other's iPhones automatically.

Both of you need to have a gmail account. They have directions on the website how to share your calendars with each other.

Comment

We also have shared Google calendars (two each - work and home). I use the "Week Cal" iPhone app (cost a few bucks), because the native one annoys me.

ETA: DH is able to upload his work schedules into Google calendars from Amion, if you use Amion.
                          Last edited by oceanchild; 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

We both just have our own sub-calendars under my Apple account, so they sync automatically across all our iCal devices.
                            Alison

Comment

Woohoo! Finally have it set up. Now, let's see if he ever checks it. Hah. Thanks again all!

Comment

Working...
                              X