Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

what are your biggest fears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are your biggest fears?

Currently it is working on our issue of choosing a specialty. All the what ifs is SCARY!

My other fear is ending up on the people of walmart website. O, how embarrassing that would be!

Originally posted by thegirlnextdoor View Post
    My other fear is ending up on the people of walmart website. O, how embarrassing that would be!
    I agree 100%

I think right now my fear is of never finding something I love to do. Being unemployed and job hunting brings out all the fears and insecurities of being worthless and not good enough.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Right now, it's how we're going to balance having kids with both our crazy schedules- my job and my hour-long commute, him starting rotations, finding daycare- eek! Trying not to freak out about it too much yet...

Comment

Losing my husband

Not being able to have kids (not a valid fear, but it would be very devastating for us--I'm all for adoption, though)

Making the same mistakes our parents did (i.e. him working too much, me not taking any time for myself or losing some semblance of a career, having the same old fights over and over again)
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I am deathly afraid of bears and fires. Those are my two VERY biggest fears in life.
          Aside from that - and medically related - that S will not be happy in the specialty that he has chosen. Things are really hard right now and I know that he is second guessing his choices (after all that we have been to even get there).

Comment

They all second guess during residency. Don't let it alarm you!

Anyway, #1 biggest fear- other than the obvious of something happening to my child/spouse/parents/etc. Mice. I hate them with such an irrational passion that I can't even look at them in the cage at the pet food store. They're nauseating and horrible and I'm not sure of their evolutionary purpose other than as owl and snake food. (and those are OK by me)

Jenn

Comment

I'm with you on the spiders and scorpions! I shudder just thinking of them! I'm also afraid of tornados. We have a storm shelter in our garage, but no matter how many times DH cleans it out, it always gets spiders. So when a storm comes, I have to face one fear or the other...
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Other than loss of spouse/child...FIRE. Not a fire pit camping fire...house/barn human/animal destroying fire.

Getting old/dementia/dying

Lol@cassy my mom is *terrified* of spiders.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Socks with sandals. This was the cause of a huge tantrum before school Thursday morning. I won.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

This whole contract negotiating thing falling to pieces and DH following through on his threat to move to Alaska. I wouldn't do well with long periods of darkness.

I used to start hyperventilating every time I saw a brown recluse spider. DH thought that was irrational, so he *forced* me to smash every one that I saw. I really hated him for it at the time, but I don't have the phobia anymore.

I also have the usual big fears of bad things happening to my family.

Comment

Definitely losing my husband.

Also mental illness.....either in someone close to me or myself. I'd much rather have some other physical type illness/disorder.

I think I also have the fear of never being able to return to my home state (Colorado). I love it so much, and there are just so many factors with residency/fellowship/future jobs that it is hard to tell. I miss the mountains sooooo much and my family that it hurts!

I also worry about drifting apart from my husband.....which as a child from divorced parents I think makes sense I have this fear.

Hense why I also am fearing our crazy schedules right now (we have at most one day off a month together). It sometimes scares me that we don't have the time together that most couples get.
                      ~Christine~

Pharmacist and wife to an Internal Medicine Resident (PGY3).....counting down the days till we are done with residency (or at least till we find out fellowship plans in December 2012!)

Mom to twin girls! Sophia "Sophie" and Clara born January 20, 2012

Comment

Irrational fear used to be thunderstorms - like hyperventilating and whatnot. DH sat my down one day and told me that he is going to be working long hours, and that he can't come home to a house full of freaked out kids and wife if it's storming
                        Oh, and escalators. I would use them, but it would take me a couple seconds longer to get on, and I would ALWAYS hold on, and never carry anything, and heaven forbid I stood sideways or even looked around!

Now it's moths...HATE them
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dementia, I see it in alot of my patients and it scares me.
                          High places, the closest I have been to a real panic attack was in Yosemite National Park.
                          Bridges in windy weather.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am apparently a freak of nature. (Big surprise.) I love flying, heights, severe weather, etc.

My fear? Cicadas. Those fuckers jump AND fly. :shudder:

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

My fear? Cicadas. Those fuckers jump AND fly. :shudder:
                              What are those? I hate jumping/flying bugs or animals of any sort!!

Comment

Working...
                              X