Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mercury in Retrograde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury in Retrograde

Whatever. So we were at The Friendly Spot on Friday (of course, that's where we are every Friday night) and their computer was on the fritz and my friend's husband said, "of course the computer is on the fritz. Mercury is in retrograde." Oh, ok.

He said that when Mercury is in retrograde electronics and other systems tend to just act funky- one minute they work, one minute they don't. Essentially stupid stuff happens for no reason.

Whatever, dude.

Except that today? The sound on the computer stopped working, a document that I was working on disappeared, my laptop shut itself off and my roof leaked- almost onto the incredibly expensive TV- but thankfully appears to have only splashed it a tiny bit. But I also found an inch of water in a three foot section in the attic.

Fun times.

Jenn

That's so weird! We've been having problems with our baby monitor signal all day! Usually its really clear anywhere in the house. I wonder if that's why...

ETA- Hehe okay, so I googled it, and it's just an astrology thing. I was thinking maybe it was something like how solar flares can interfere with signals. Oh well...
    Last edited by ladymoreta; 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Hmmm our wireless has been acting really weird and that never happens.

Comment

I work in IT. I could REALLY have fun with this...
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          That's so weird! We've been having problems with our baby monitor signal all day! Usually its really clear anywhere in the house. I wonder if that's why...

ETA- Hehe okay, so I googled it, and it's just an astrology thing. I was thinking maybe it was something like how solar flares can interfere with signals. Oh well...
          Our cable signal was screwy all through the emmys!

Comment

I think there has also been some spectacular solar flare activity this month. I have a love hate relationship with astrology. I find it very neat and cool when the horoscope for the day ends up nailing the experience. It SUCKS when you have a bad horoscope though and you have to remind yourself that the whole thing is BS. Scorpio has a pretty rocky cycle for the next decade as something moves through the house of something, something....so I've had to disengage from my standard morning horoscope readings and tell myself that all those times I was going to WIN BIG! according to the stars, it didn't quite pan out.

Anyway....sorry about the electronic bugaboo from Mercury. And Scorpios, stand strong!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

You, me and a whole lot of other iMSNers. We will prevail. I think it is billed a some "life altering but difficult period that teaches you more about yourself and helps you grow as a person...." Bleh.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Haven't I done enough growing as a person?

When did it start Angie? As in please tell me the decade started in 2005 not 2010.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                  Haven't I done enough growing as a person?

When did it start Angie? As in please tell me the decade started in 2005 not 2010.

Jenn
                  I'm not a scorpio, but I can feel this pain too. Mine started downhill in 2006. Please tell me I am nearing the halfway point? Or lie to me, I really don't care.
                  Kris

Comment

I'll have to look it up. I remember that it depressed the hell out of me when I first read I was entering the phase...and it seemed accurate. It's a 12 year cycle actually. I think it started a few years back. I, too, feel that I have grown enough. Maybe we can all sign a petition.
                    Angie

Comment

Amazon just suggested a pay phrase implying I am fat. Maybe there really is something to this...and I really pissed someone up there off...
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You and me both Cassy - we have to get credit for it, right?
                        Kris

Comment

Working...
                        X