Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gym membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what I pay is going to sound crazy compared to what you guys have posted. I live in the city and belong to Vida which is around 80 dollars a month, so do my SO. (mind you he hardly every sees the inside of the gym). I have just started using it for my Yoga class, and of course it's great for bad weather workouts and the winter (where it gets is most use for me). But they have a sauna and steam room and 2 endless pools. It's a very nice gym and you hardly have to bring anything other than yourself and clothes. They supply really nice quality shower room wash, body scrub and conditioner (the stuff they use and sell at the Bang Salon which is attached to the gym). Plus they have q-tips, and mouthwash, and hair spray and other various hair items. It's very clean and nice.

But I also pay 75 dollars at the Metro Y. The only reason I have a membership here is for the pool. I have tried the endless pools at the Vida, but hard to work on distance. If you just want to go for time and have a nice steady experience stroke and form, then I'd say endless pools are great. But I need to do workouts with temp and distance, so the endless pools don't do it for me. So I made myself a deal. If I was to get a membership at the Y just for the pool: I was going to have to go at least 7 times a month. (You used to be able to pay for a day pass at the Y for 10 dollars-but can't now). So far that has been easy to do, especially with training.

So I pay 160 dollars easy a month for my gym. Plus Vida has a smoothy bar, and gatorade. You never have to bring cash, you can always just put everything on your account. That has to be my favorite feature. When I go on my workouts throughout the city. I can just run by it and grab a gatorade and keep on moving: no cash needed. So for me, this works. I wish it was cheaper, but honestly I use both and love having access to both for all the classes and things available. (summer I use the gym less, because I'm outside!! ) So I think they are worth it.

For me, it's finding a gym that has the right location (if it's not easy to access, you're less likely to go), and offers the facilities and/or classes I am looking for. Last thing I need to be worrying about when I have talked myself into going to the gym, is more complication and stress getting into classes or on equipment, or a dirty facility.

Comment

Working...
    X