Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Kris!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday and happy gardening!

Emily

Comment

Happy Birthday, Kris! 8)
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

birthday

Thanks so much...I actually had the best birthday of my adult life yesterday. Thomas has never been big on celebrating birthdays which has always been a bit of a downer for me...he had call on my big 3-0- and I didn't even net a card

This year, he went to a lot of trouble...he picked out the perfect card from the hallmark store (I saw the bag...I didn't even know that he knew that there was a hallmark store!)...and a great cake....He put 33 candles on it and lit them all....it took so long to light them and there was so much heat generated that when I blew them out, the smoke alarm in the kitchen went OFF

We went to TGI Fridays and ate...and they all gave me my gift certificate surprise It was actually for $100 8O 8O 8O Let me just say that that is...an incredible sum to be tossed around here right now...and I just went and spent $48 of it on perennials and have been out digging all day

It was just so nice and relaxed and he kept telling me how important I am to him...etc...It made up for all of the missed b-days during residency.

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yay! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself, Kris, and that it has the effect of helping balance out the tough times. Sometimes life is genuinely good.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

What a great birthday! Yay for Thomas for making your day so nice (although he needs to be talked to about the candle issue )!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Glad your day was so great! Have fun digging in the garden!!

Comment

Kris -- I'm glad your birthday was the best ever! That's awesome.

Comment

Sounds incredible, I would love to go to the garden center with $100.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                  X