Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

gift ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gift ideas?

October brings the beginning of the gift buying season in my marriage. Our anniversary is on the 28th, both of our bdays are in November, then of course Christmas, aaaaand Valentines Day. All year I email "hints" of things that I would loooove to have or do. Because I'm just THAT considerate.
    But what do I get for the man who has a million shirts and ties, new golf clubs, books galore and about zero free time. Any ideas?
    I wouldn't mind condensing a few of these things together to get him an awesome gift if I could THINK of one!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

DH is the same way. Plus the stuff he likes is always effing expensive...like all the cycling gear. Here are the last few weird things I have gotten him that I was surprised that they were a hit...

Antique medical books
    Antique medical stuff (stethoscope, suture kit, etc)
    Magazine subscription (quick read for the time deprived)
    Nice pair of sunglasses (his were outrageously expensive [prescription too] but never need to be this much)
    Smart Wool dress socks for each day of the week (these are pricey but awesome when you are on your feet all day)
    Cheese (dude loves it and I got him some artisanal goat cheese of all kinds)
    Pears ( he loves pears to got the nice ones from Harry and David)
    Massage (I had to make the time for him to get sport massage)

The other stuff has been kind of the normal, shirt, ties (although I got him an MRSA bow tie once), etc.

DH also loves his IPad...and DoDo Case but the office bought that.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My mom recently started getting my dad a barber shop shave for fathers day. They do it with the brush and foam and straight blade and all.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

For your anniversary, a babysitter and a gift certificate to a B&B close by.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
          For your anniversary, a babysitter and a gift certificate to a B&B close by.
          That is a fantastic idea. He does sometimes bring up the failure of our wedding night. After an amazingly perfect wedding, the SECOND we left I got walking pneumonia. Literally I have never felt so awful and it happened SUDDENLY. lol. my body was just holding out and I'm thankful for that! If only it had waited until the NEXT day. Anyway, maybe I can redeem myself.

I love the other ideas too. I'm getting a nice little list going for the next year or two!

Comment

oh and he REALLLLLY wants an Ipad. I'm just afraid I would buy him one, and then 2 days later a new version will come out!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe View Post
              After an amazingly perfect wedding, the SECOND we left I got walking pneumonia.
              How awful. This happened to a family member, only it was a stomach bug. Yuck. Sounds like you need a second honeymoon!

An iPad would be an awesome gift! Any chance you could hint around and find out whether he'd like to wait for a later version?

Comment

If he's a baseball buff, one of the best presents I've ever gotten my husband is a briefcase made from baseball glove leather.

Comment

I think a newer iPad is coming out soon...maybe for Christmas...it's supposed to have a camera and be face time compatible.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                  X