Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mine Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Rescue

I can't stop watching the rescue of the miners on CNN. This is absolutely amazing.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I'm actually going to get out of bed to watch this. Truly a miracle they all survived.
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'll be watching, too. Truly amazing.

Comment

It is incredible. There really are no words, but it's also awesome to see how the international community has come together to accomplish something (that seems really rare). I'm praying that they all get out safely. I watched two rescued before I went to bed, and then felt a little let down that only 7 more had gotten out while I slept. I can't imagine being there and waiting for that last miner to come out.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Truly a moving story and so exciting to watch unfold.

Did you catch the sub-story about the guy stuck down there whose wife and...uh, financee...both...showed up at the vigil? Bet that guy's dreading daylight...

Comment

Yes it's amazing to see them rescued! I can't stop watching CNN too!

As for the guy and his two....um....ladies, I'm with you GMW, I think that his moment of happiness, will be quite different from everyone else!

Comment

I'm sure he volunteered to be last!
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                I'm sure he volunteered to be last!
                Nope. He was #21 and supposedly he could request three people to be there...he chose the mistress AND his wife. According to the news (don't know if they are sensationalizing it), the wife declined after hearing the mistress was also invited. I also heard on the news that the miners were coached on how to act/what to say once they got out. Maybe it wasn't his stup idea to have both women there????
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I've been letting it play all afternoon on msn.com, running over to watch every time the siren goes off. I'm getting choked up every time. It's going really fast!

Comment

I just heard in on NPR that there are only 2 left. I'm amazed by how smoothly this has gone. I've been sick thinking about the "what ifs" if the capsule got stuck somewhere in the 2000 feet of earth they're pulling them up through.

Comment

Wow, I just spent the better part of 22 hours watching CNN and BBC. I was glued to the TV until 3:30 am and was watching again at 10 am!
                      Luanne

Comment

I've watched off and on since last night, and I turned it on and watched with the boys as the 33rd miner came up. Truly a gift. I hope the rescue workers make it up safely.

Comment

I haven't seen any coverage on the rescue workers, other than the fact that they went down. What amazingly brave men!
                          -Deb
                          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                          X