Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I wish I could just turn on the computer and have you all sitting in my living room..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could just turn on the computer and have you all sitting in my living room..

Clearly, I consider you all to be good friends.

Yesterday, I made 3 trips to Home Depot. During my last trip, one of the male workers there recognized me from my multiple trips and he walked me up and down aisles helping me find what I needed and talking me through the project. Since I'm so inexperienced, he was able to give me good advice to narrow the project down. (I'm making a pirate fort bed for Aidan). When I checked out, the woman at the register asked me if I had found everything ok. I told her that an employee had been so helpful and that yes, indeed, I had. I couldn't remember the man's name.

So ... she scanned my items and made small talk with me the whole time about the weather, blah, blah, blah. I bet it took 10 minutes to scan the wood, brackets, etc.

I was tired and was thinking about everything I had to do in the evening and then in the midst of the small talk, she said:

"So, where were you today?"
    "Pardon?"
    "Where were you?"
    I scanned my clothes looking for some evidence that I had been somewhere exciting. There was a terribly awkward pause. I got this really uncomfortable feeling that she was a psycho or something. She read that feeling right off of my face.
    "No, no....where were you in the STORE. I was going to try and figure out who helped you and tell the manager. We DO that."

It sounds like a dumb exchange now, but I seriously stood in the parking lot wishing I could just laugh with you guys about it.

We really....really need to pick a date/place and get together for real. The internet is great, but I would love to have you all be more present in my life than just online!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I would love that!!! I know we'd talked about a cruise... If that could be an annual thing I would love to go after training. I've adored all the women I've met on here, and I would love to spend time with more of you!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That is great that the guy was so helpful. It just makes the shopping experience better and little things in life, that much easier. The bed sounds AWESOME. I want to see pictures when it is done!

I agree with LadyM. Both times I have met up with IMSN peeps I have had a fantastic time. I have now received help and connections from women on here I have never even met IRL.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I want to see pictures too. WOW - Kris - you reeeeeeeally are an amazing person....if I have not said that recently. A pirate bed? Wow again!!!

Like I said, I am not a cruise person but would jump on-board in a hearbeat for you guys.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm definitely still interested in a local get-together, in addition. I've been buried under some unfortunate work deadlines and rounds of illness at our house since mid/late-Sept. but after next Monday I might be able to resurface.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

It's going to have to be one of those things where someone just picks a place, a time and says, this is it, here's the reservation information- come if you can.

Jenn

Comment

I believe there is a word for it...conference an iMSN annual conference!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Ooh, then we'd sound all official! I mean, our husbands go to conferences. I think it's only right that we do, too!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We've half-assed planned 'conferences' over the years and then we get terminal ADD and we drop the ball.

Jenn

Comment

Holy crap, you are building a bed? Ok, super mom! Can I be like you one day?

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                      We've half-assed planned 'conferences' over the years and then we get terminal ADD and we drop the ball.

Jenn
                      A conference, preferably in the midwest, would be amazing!

Comment

The geographical center of the lower 48 states lies outside of Lebanon, Kansas, in the middle of a hog farm.
                        We can work from here!
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm all for that. Come to Kansas.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

I'd be all for Kansas! Its not as exciting, as say the beach, but it has good bbq.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Really guys? I was thinking more of Europe... :P
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X