Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Procrastination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procrastination...

The closet I have is fantabulous- it's huge. It also houses my water heater AND the washer/dryer. The previous owners (or possibly the owners before them) installed shelving much like the elfa shelving at Container Store- I don't know if it is or not but it looks like it. And, it's been falling our of the walls. It's gotten so bad that I have to check my shoes for plaster and drywall bits when I'm getting dressed and everything is covered in a haze of drywall dust.

So, I met with a planner from California Closets in August (since then two more shelves have fallen!) and designed a fabulous room. I put a deposit down and it will be installed on November 1 & 2.

Thursday we got the hanger on the door that the city special trash pickup is TUESDAY. Off to Home Depot I went to pick out a paint (Luminaria if anyone wants to see it on behr.com) (it's currently 1984 peach) and off to BB&B to get a clothes hanging rack and I've been dismantling the rest of the closet all day. I really wasn't planning on having to do it all in three days!

I'll finish my closet tomorrow and then tackle the hall closet which I'm also having done. (tired of bike helmets and leashes landing in the cat pan when the doors are opened!)

I just had to take a break and who better to break with that iMSN?

Jenn

It sounds awesome!!! When we moved into our house, we redid the master closet with elfa. (I have a friend who worked at The Container Store, and she got me a discount on part of it.) I love love love it! I hope you enjoy yours just as much!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wow. I hope you are still going strong today! That sounds like an big project, but I bet the new shelves will be SO worth it!
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Back at it but once again, taking a mental health break. In other good new, I've located a lot of the stuff that the crazy cleaning lady put 'away.' (I seriously hate her. I HATE her.)

Jenn

Comment

oooh hidden treasure!
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Treasure hunts are fun, just not when you are looking for something you really need. Seriously, we need pics of this project!
            Kris

Comment

Hey so I ripped down the 1980s peach paisley fabric on one of the walls of the closet and lo and behold, behind it is the brick was was the former outside of my house. (and had I thought it through, it makes perfect sense.) and, oddly enough the yellow color that I picked goes perfectly w/ the yellow brick of my house. I have to call the planner though tomorrow because there's some exposed wiring and some wooden frames that I need to know if she wants to me to leave up. I love my house. It's so funky. For those who haven't seen it- the front half was built in 1907 and the back half was built sometime in the early 1980s.

Jenn

Comment

SO you've found stuff the crazy lady put away and the front of the house from the previous century!?!? That is a lot of work for one day! Take another break! LOL!
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                X