Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

All ye Upper Midwest/Great Lakes peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julie - Prince is from Minneapolis... So GK is not the only MN celeb!
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
      Julie - Prince is from Minneapolis... So GK is not the only MN celeb!
      I didn't realize he still lived here--good to know!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We've even got some decent wind here--nothing too crazy for the plains, though.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Our sirens are going off now. There has been a tornado spotted in the next county over. I'm sure DD is freaking out at school right now.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I got stuck in DD's preschool for an extra 40 minutes this morning because of tornado warnings.
            Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
              My husband flew back into Minneapolis last night, and Garrison Keillor was on his flight! The plane was abuzz about Minnesota's one celebrity. My husband isn't a fan.

Anyway it was the roughest flight he's been on in a while, and he said he was thinking "If I die at least I know Garrison Keillor is going down with me!"

(Obviously they landed safely, and my husband literally bumped into GK at baggage claim.)
              LOL! I can't stand Garrison Keillor either. I'm surprised he didn't decide to lead the plane in some goofy song.

Comment

Well, the folks made it to Chicago and are currently sitting on a puddle jumper awaiting take-off. Everytime I update the AA website, the departure time is 5 minutes later... No fun!
                Kris

Comment

Looks like the tornado watches/warnings are over, but it's still REALLY windy.

Comment

Windy and rainy here with dropping temps, they're saying we could have some flurries tonight into tomorrow morning.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Bite your tongue, Cheri
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, I would think it's worse up there, is it not?
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                          Scarlett - we'd been living with my grandma while our house was being finished and my mom had HAD IT! A " little snow" was not going to keep her from moving in!

I'd considered driving thru OH to get to DC this weekend. Now I'm glad all my grand scheming didn't work out.
                          LOL, wow! Sucks that the straw that broke the camel's back happened during a blizzard though. I don't think I will complain about moving ever again.

Still just breezy here. There were some really dark clouds as I drove west away from campus, but nothing came of them. We will get the storms late night/early AM, although they are saying there won't be much tornadic threat here.
                          Last edited by scarlett09; 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM.
                          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                            Bite your tongue, Cheri
                            Sorry Kris - I was looking at the radar and it is definately blue precipitation up by you! yikes!!
                            Kris

Comment

so that's why my building was swaying all day long...

really thankful that I pushed to have my press delivered on Sunday instead of this morning... moving a 1500 lb piece of machinery would not have been pleasant in today's weather.

I'm supposed to fly out to Houston tomorrow afternoon for a meeting I'd rather miss, but it looks like everything is going to be calm by then. Shucks.
                              - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Snow? No. I've been spoiled by our Indian summer!

The winds here knocked out a mailbox and carried Aidan's bike across the street.

The soccer ball in the backyard hasn't moved an inch though.

Oh. And we have no power.

We're at TGIF for a late dinner.

Kris
                                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X