Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You know you're tired when you ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're tired when you ...

Google a phone number with your iPhone, hit search, put the phone to your ear and are confused that it isn't ringing on the other end. LOL
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I don't think I can count the number of times I've accidentally given out DH's number instead of my own. They're only one digit off from each other and I never call myself so his number is apparently more readily available in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      I don't think I can count the number of times I've accidentally given out DH's number instead of my own. They're only one digit off from each other and I never call myself so his number is apparently more readily available in my mind.
      I do the exact same thing and he does too
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

. . . your DH comes home from call to find you reading the mail in the kitchen. After talking with him for 20 minutes you realize that the bathroom sink is still running because you turned it on an hour ago when you intended to wash your face.

. . . while you are brushing your teeth, your 10 mo old unravels an entire roll of toilet paper, empties your dresser drawers, and overturns the dog bowl. (BTW, did I tell you that he figured out that he can circumvent the child safety locks if he just takes the knobs off our cabinets?)

I've got more but I'm too tired to think of them.
        Last edited by MrsK; 10-27-2010, 08:30 AM.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

when you tell someone that you need to run to the grocery store to pick up the clothes...

when you stand in front of your house door ferociously pushing your car unlock button wondering why the damn thing isn't working...
          -Ladybug

Comment

When you ask your student if he needs to go to the vet for the sliver in his hand...
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
              when you stand in front of your house door ferociously pushing your car unlock button wondering why the damn thing isn't working...
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

this one is from years ago (I was 18). I was working at a dry cleaners about 3/4 of a mile from home, and my mom needed to drive my CAR to her office that day (can't remember why) so I walked to work at 6AM. At 7 she calls me in a panic b/c she couldn't get it started. I said "Bring it up here and I'll start it."

Comment

oh.. I can't tell you half the things I have done when I am tired, but you sure know I am past exhausted when I start laughing at something that wasn't that funny and end up in tears from being unable to stop laughing. This happens every time. My sisters have a picture of me on the some random steps in Venice after I couldn't stop laughing because some random boys said hi to us on our way back to our hotel.
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I repeatedly can't remember which kid I'm nursing in the middle of the night. "Is this the big one or the little one? This one is so huge . . . don't I have a little baby? Wait, the big one has long hair though, and this one has no hair. I think the little one grew up some . . . right? This must be the little one?"

Never mind remembering that they have names or anything. Or that "the big one" has been weaned for two years! I always think the little one should still be a newborn instead of ten months old.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

when you leave your purse in the refrigerator.
                      Needs

Comment

When you tearfully explain to your DH that you cannot enforce the no-jumping-on-the-couch clause in the Declaration if the dog cannot be persuaded to sign a joinder.

Comment

LOL I love this thread!

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Back when I was traveling every week I was looking out the window as my plane took off and I thought,"hmmm. I wonder where I'm going? Am I going home? Where am I now? I hope the people at the gate made sure I was on the right plane."

Jenn

Comment

OMG, when I was traveling every week, I once got on the wrong plane. I thought I was on my way to Cleveland and was wondering why all the other passengers (who were going to the Carribean) were wearing tropical-print shirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X