Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Annoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoyed

Sitting in the basement of the med school watching 3 hours of talks before we even get to the white coat ceremony. And since we were late (thanks parents) we are in an overflow room with loads of other people watching via TV, so I don't even get to see him get his coat live. Boo.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Booooooo!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Ok that sucks - they should totally have reserved seating at least for spouses!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Sitting in the basement of the med school watching 3 hours of talks before we even get to the white coat ceremony. And since we were late (thanks parents) we are in an overflow room with loads of other people watching via TV, so I don't even get to see him get his coat live. Boo.

Yeah, thats where I sat to watch J get hooded before graduating. So much fun watching a tv. I actually took video/pictures of him on the TV getting hooded Sorry.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Maybe you could leave, get some lunch, and come back for the white coat ceremony, or when he gets out...that would be rude huh?
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

That sucks! Did everyone have to have tickets to attend? If not, I would complain to whoever is in charge of this. There were tickets for DH's White Coat Ceremony for both times we went (as a MS1 and as a MS4 for Gold Humanism Society) - only 2 per student; there were 150 in his class. DH's dad made a counterfeit ticket both times so that the 3 of us could go. Everyone fit inside the room (although some people had to stand).

Hope there are some good munchies and picture opportunities to share with your DH afterwards!
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I took a picture of my MIL asleep during Russ' white coat ceremony. Priceless!
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was not there for my hubby either. He was in arizona and i was in oregon.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I learned early on not to wait for the inlaws since they are always late. For graduation i got tired of waiting and left without them and said I'll save seats since these events get full pretty quickly.

As for a satellite space for the whitecoat ceremony, they should clearly find a larger space to hold it.
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Did the same thing at DH's med school graduation. His mom was 40 minutes late so the rest of us went without her.

Comment

I learned early on not to wait for the inlaws since they are always late.
                      Actually, it was my parents...

As for a satellite space for the whitecoat ceremony, they should clearly find a larger space to hold it.
                      YES! I'd estimate 1/3 of the people there couldn't fit in the auditorium. The students themselves took up 1/3 of it. That annoyed me the most--there was no mention of overflow rooms, etc. in the many 3 sheets of info they gave us. If I had known, we would have been there much earlier. They've been doing it for 10+ years--they should have figured out by now that the place isn't big enough. No tickets or anything, just bring whoever you want.

At any rate, MIL saved the day and found a seat for me and her in the auditorium during intermission and my parents were content to stay in the overflow room.

FIL figured out a week ago he wasn't getting back from Europe until Sat. night, so he had to miss. So sad...he spent 10 years working at the school. J doesn't really expect him to come anymore to these things.

They also did a nice recognition of 2 doctors who recently died (one was the head of the Parkland burn unit and he died in a motorcycle accident--how someone could see what he did every day and still ride a motorcycle is beyond me)--I thought of you guys when one of the widows mentioned, "Sometimes I wasn't sure who was first, me or the school..." J picked up on that too.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

No one was allowed to view the white coat ceremony at dh's school. I didn't get to go at all. It sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That sucks. I'm sorry. We didn't even have a ceremony. There was just an announcement that they would need to buy themselves a white coat before the first Physical Diagnosis class in 4th semester. That was it. The only other ceremonial use of the white coat was at the basic sciences graduation. I know a few other Caribbean schools do the white coat ceremony, however.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

That sucks! They had tickets 12 years ago for Garrett's white coat ceremony. I don't know why they don't do that anymore.
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              I'm sorry...I forget. Are you at UTSW? If so, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. The overflow room SUCKS huge. We got there at flipping 7:30 AM on the day of DH's MD-PhD graduation (bigger deal than white coating, granted) and stayed until past midnight (dinner at 10PM...??), just to make sure I didn't have to end up overflowed. I'm so sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X