Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I have him trained right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is funny! My dh, wanted to take on some bills now that he has about 9 months before he starts school and so far he hasn't been doing a very good job at paying them! he forgets that he has them on his list to pay, but how else is he supposed to figure out how much is going out a month if he is not paying them?

Comment

Hmmm...well at least I'm not alone. DH does pay the internet and utilities bill...but last month I noticed the utility bill was 2x as much as normal when it hit our checking. I asked DH about it and he was like yeah, it was double. Didn't give it a second thought. DUHHHHHH!!!!!!! I made him call and figure out why--he had forgotten to pay the month before (luckily only a $2 late fee). He got a nice lecture on why you don't just pay a bill without looking at it.

The thing is...he knows how to do it. He did it for 4 years. If I died, he would flounder for a month and then figure it out himself. I'm tempted to just make him take over the finances for 2 weeks just so he can understand what happens when I don't watch the spending, transfer money, etc.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I gave up the fight a long time ago. I have all the accounts and info listed, so technically he could figure it out if something happened to me, but... it wouldn't be easy.

He did learn to use the ATM card while he was in Texas, but he didn't TELL me before he took out money, and it's from our primary checking account. I don't usually run the checking with a big cushion, but I do check balances every day almost, so I was able to transfer money in to cover any pending charges and what not. It's USAA so they have very good policies about moving money from one account to another, so nothing would have bounced, but... It just annoys me. I felt like I was explaining to my teen that money doesn't just COME from the machine... It has to be TAKEN from somewhere first...
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

My DH wouldn't have a clue either - we were talking about rents for fellowship the other day and I quickly realized he has no idea what our mortgage is
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
          X