Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Rodham Clinton

Okay, now that we've all analyzed Martha Stewart . . .

Obviously Hillary Rodham Clinton is all over the media right now and it seems like you can't read three sentences about her without coming across the phrase"polarizing figure." I'm curious about how's she's viewed through the eyes of this group.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Do you mean how do we feel about her as a person (ie with all of the gossip and scandal that swirls around her) or are you referring to our thoughts on her as a political figure (ie her political agendas/platforms)? The answer to that question will significantly affect how I vote in this poll so I had to ask it!
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
      Do you mean how do we feel about her as a person (ie with all of the gossip and scandal that swirls around her) or are you referring to our thoughts on her as a political figure (ie her political agendas/platforms)?
      Yeah, I should have clarified that, huh? I guess I feel that although you may have conflicting opinions about a different aspects of a public figure, you're still going to have a bottom-line positive or negative feeling about them in general. For instance, what's your gut reaction when you see her face on the cover of Time magazine? How do you feel about the way she conducts herself and the way she views the world?

I guess that falls more under the "as a person" side of things.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I wouldn't want to be in her shoes personally, but socially & politically I'm with her 110%. I would actually campaign for her!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, Julie. If this poll were primarily regarding her politics I most certainly would have put my choice as the most negative option. Since we are talking about opinions of her as an overall person I chose that she is on shaky ground - in other words I don't feel entirely neutral about her and I don't feel completely negative about her, rather my feelings fall somewhere between the two views.

Comment

Hillary

Out of curiosity...has anyone bought her book???

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I plan to buy it soon. I'd love to hear her perspective on her years in the white house. I've always admired Hillary Rodham Clinton!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I would be interested in reading the book if it gives her thoughts and reasons for staying in her marriage. I am always interested in why women stay with a cheating liers. 8O

Comment

I would consider reading -- but not buying -- the book. I am number 297 on my library's wait list for 37 copies. We'll see if it comes in before we move!

I voted for "she's ok". I don't really hear that much about her anymore (except with the book release) since she is less of a national figure than she used to be, IMO. I don't always agree with what she says or does, but I do have a tremendous amount of respect for her and the things she must have put up with in her marriage. I read a quasi-book review in the paper that also interviewed a marriage therapist. She that that after an affair, if both couples are committed to fixing the relationship "there is tremendous opportunity for personal growth." I'll bet! Has anyone here read the book? I would be interested to hear how "honest" it sounds or if things are glossed over in interest of her political career.

She will make some crazy amounts of money off that book! $8M in a book advance and royalties of $4.20 per book with at least 600,000 books sold. Maybe the royalties go against the advance?? No matter, that's a lot of $$$.

Comment

Working...
                  X