Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Random things you love to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random things you love to do

I was wrapping a present for an engagement party and I forgot how much I love to wrap presents. Every year I look forward to holiday gift wraps that my charities do, just so I can gift wrap. What random things do you love to do?
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Fun!

This is really random, and my house is pretty much a disaster area all of the time, but I love to organize my cans cupboard. I organize by item and by size and I just enjoy having that one cupboard being an organized oasis in a sea of chaos! I organize it at least once a week. It is the only organized cupboard in my house.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm sure that you all can go crazy with some armchair psychology on this one, but I really love to play whac-a-mole at the arcade. (Umm...pent up aggression, anyone?) No seriously, I love any sort of crazy beat-the-clock game like whacamole or tetris. I also looooove trivia games.

I also enjoy logic puzzles and reading about macroeconomics. In college, I would do extra homework in logic.

Say it with me, NERD!
      Last edited by houseelf; 11-10-2010, 01:46 PM.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I really love to cross things off my to do list. To the point where I will add things on after I've done them just to have the satisfaction of crossing them out. And I really like to organize stuff, not clean, but organize. Relatively OCD of me, I know, but it makes me happy!

Comment

After months of stepping on cheerios in my socks, I just got one of these for the highchair area, and I'm in love. Cora likes using it, too.

Also I really like making a mug of tea. Easy to see why cultures have entire ceremonies built around the ritual of preparing tea.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.BrainSurgeon View Post
            I really love to cross things off my to do list. To the point where I will add things on after I've done them just to have the satisfaction of crossing them out.
            LOL. Me too!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Post on the boards while having contractions . In labor and delivery

Comment

I love spending time with my animals

Okay so not random. I'm boring.
                Last edited by rainbabies; 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I love taking a shower in the dark. don't know why but it seems so much more relaxing.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by medwife517 View Post
                    Post on the boards while having contractions . In labor and delivery
                    haha!! We all love it that you are keeping us posted

My random thing is that I love organizing my life via Excel spreadsheets I make budgets, lists, travel plans... you name it, I've got an Excel spreadsheet for it! I especially love color coding my lists.
                    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I was wrapping a present for an engagement party and I forgot how much I love to wrap presents.
                      This.

Decorate and plan for holidays--DH claims I cried when I saw the holiday section in Target last year. I've got 4 different Christmas events in the mix already. Speaking of holidays...when does that stuff start around here...

I also LOVE sitting down with a new issue of Southern Living. And cooking. And folding laundry. I used to love ironing, but J's dress shirts have killed that
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Is it bad that the only thing I can think of right now is sleep?
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm with you Pollyanna!
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.BrainSurgeon View Post
                            And I really like to organize stuff, not clean, but organize. Relatively OCD of me, I know, but it makes me happy!
                            This is me too. I also like to step back and admire my work once I'm done. It makes me feel like I have my life under control. I've been know to dump fully organized drawers when I'm upset so I can sort and re-organize them.

Also, I love taking showers and washing my hair. I could do that 4x daily. Swimming and bathing and water in general make me very happy.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife View Post
                              My random thing is that I love organizing my life via Excel spreadsheets I make budgets, lists, travel plans... you name it, I've got an Excel spreadsheet for it! I especially love color coding my lists.
                              This, except not for my personal life, but at work. I had to do this spur-of-the-moment spreadsheet yesterday for the deans of the university. It was a breakdown of how many honors students were in each college here by class year from a mess of another spreadsheet that a work-study student helped create. Anyway, the point is that after the horrible day I had, making the spreadsheet put me in the zone and completely calmed me.

I also love coloring. A box of 64 crayons and my Cinderella coloring book is therapeutic. Oh, and if I could get my hands on some basic Legos, I would love doing that too.
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X