Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Good Luck Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck Moving

Hey...to all of you out there in the throes of packing, pregnancy, moving trucks and ...general chaos....

Good Luck!!!!! Keep us posted on how everything goes!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Well, we're here at my parent's house after what might be the world's worst move.

My kitten ran away and we had to leave him, Rick got a 150 dollar speeding ticket in Tennessee, we're still not approved on the rental, we have no idea where our stuff is or when it will be delivered (or where for that matter) and- I fly to Lousiana tomorrow while Rick goes to appear before the Board of Directors at the place where we want to rent- which is also the co-op where I own.

Essentially, everyone has approved us- and the dog, except for one woman who is one the Board who is all pissy because it says that renter's cannot have pets in the rules- except that I'm an F-ing OWNER!! I pay almost $500 a month in homeowners dues and dammit- I'm MAD. So, we have to go get rubberstamped tomorrow. Hopefully our stuff doesn't get here until after the board meeting.

I'm completely devastated about the kitten, he was one of the ones that I rescued at 3am in the rain. I have the neighbors looking out for him and hopefully he'll reappear. If he does, friends of ours have agreed to go get him and keep him until we can fly him to DC.

But- enough of our stress- how are eveyone elses moves going?

Jenn

Comment

moving

Oh JENN! I'm so sorry to hear that your move went so badly....poor kitty! I know that this will sound like a lame offer...but is there anything I can do from here?

kris

Comment

Jenn,

I am sorry to hear about the little kitty, too! Hopefully he will turn up and all will be well -- same with the rental. Just think -- now you will have more "been there, done that" stories for the rest of us. Keep us posted.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

What a terrible thing! I hope the kitten ends up being OK. Have you checked the local pound (perhaps someone brought it in?). Hopefully things will improve for you....
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Oh my gosh Jenn, what a terrible experience! I hope your kitty turns up and also I hope everything else sorts itself out as well!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jenn,
              I'm sorry the move was so bad. Any news about the kitten yet? I hope everything else goes more smoothly.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wow Jenn that is a terrible moving story! I hope everything works out with the apartment and with the kitten. I'm glad that you have friends looking here. Hopefully all will work out okay.

Robin

Comment

Well, thanks for the well wishes for the kitty, however, it was not to be as my poor husband made a particularly gruesome discovery as they were unloading the van. Needless to say, Mr. Antonio probably didn't live very long after his entrance to the moving van but I'll not give you guys the truly gory details.

I feel awful about it but I'm really trying not to think about it, just concentrate of getting us moved in and organized.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, I am really sorry to hear about Antonio. How awful. I feel for you. Hopefully that will be it for the bad stuff associated with your move -- that is more than enough!

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

kitty

Oh, Jenn...that is awful! I'm so sorry
                      Did you guys end up getting a lease?

kris

Comment

Jenn,
                        So sorry about your kitten!
                        I hope the rest of the move goes better for you.

Comment

Jenn, that is just a horrible thing to happen to your kitten!
                          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                          With fingernails that shine like justice
                          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Jenn -

I am so sorry about little Antonio. That could not have been a pleasant discovery!!

Let's hope everything else falls into place for you. This is one moving trip you won't forget!

Robin

Comment

Jenn,

My condolences on Mr. Antonio. I'm so sorry for the loss of your little family member.

I'm hoping that the stars are aligned correctly now and the rest of your move goes smoothly.

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X