Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun

Tonight the big fundraiser was the "80's night" party at a local art gallery. 80's night. Ha! I graduated from high school in'84 and from college in'88 so no, REALLY- I get the '80's. So, I dyed my hair redder. It should have been oranger but that color doesn't exist anymore. and apparently the black eyeliner/blue mascara/red lipstick thing is kinda just like riding a bike... and miniskirts and fishnets and Doc Marten's are still hot to most boys even 30 years afterward. and apparently I really was the only punk rock girl... and YES, I know that the mini had pleats where they never would have been but jeez- I didn't actually hang on to the fabu girly minis of my youth. I did hang on to the fantabulous earrings though. and everyone [female] recognized them as legit from the appropriate era. (one of many pair, BTW)

Best get-ups EVER- my friend Angela as one of the 'addicted to love' girls. Her husband in a white Izod button down and a peach Izod shirt- w/ the collar up. One dad showed up with a mullet wig and an AC/DC shirt. My and my friend Rosey as the punk rock youth- he's from England and has the punk rock street cred straight away.

FUNNY. and yes, I realize that most of you were born in the 80's and early 90's, which only makes it that much more entertaining.

J.

That sounds like a BLAST Jenn (class of '87 myself) Wish we had some pics to go with the story
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Fun! I would love to see a picture!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oh, I remember the 80's. Remember Hypercolor? Member's only jackets? Bangs higher than the Sears Tower with a possible side ponytail? Acid wash denim jeans, mini skirts, jackets?

Sad thing about the 80's for me: i have never been good at fashion. Oh what a nightmare I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh, I remember the 80's! Tails (hair), stirup pants, acid wash jeans, bangs higher than the hills. Sounds like the party was pretty fun & funny!
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I was going to say I remember the bangs. Sounds like a blast!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You MUST post pics. And I remember he 80's because I survived them. Pegged jeans, Aqua-net, and all.

Comment

I'll post some as soon as I upload them from my camera. Now, I'm taking myself out to breakfast w/ whiny PITA child.

J.

Comment

Leggings, belted long t-shirts or off the shoulder sweat shirts, mall bangs, those skirts with the denim tops and the billowy borrom fabric knotted on one side, plastic charm necklaces, neon, and big plastic eye glasses.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Oh and floppy socks, sometimes 2 or 3 pairs at once and swatch watches all the way up the arm.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

In the 80s, I had a pair of floral print leggings (I was a little kid at the time), and recently I have seen almost the exact same floral print leggings in several stores. Amazing how things have come full circle! The funniest part is that the teenagers who are buying them today are seeing them for the first time. If I were to buy a pair today it would be for the sheer hilariousness and nostalgia of it (but I still might buy some!!)

Comment

I always say thank god the 80's ended when I was 9! But I still remember the side ponytails and crinkling my hair.

Comment

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love it! Your party sounds like a blast! I remember a friend setting the locker room trash on fire with Aquanet. Good times. I only wish I still had my purple leg warmers.

Comment

That DOES sound like fun. I can't wait to see pictures.

Lala, I had a pair of floral print leggings!
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                              X