Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Plans

So what is everyone doing for the holiday?

I'm get Friday off in addition to Thursday (YES!), so I only need to take one vacation day to head to Branson for 5 days with the family. I'm so excited! We're staying in an adorable cabin with a huge fireplace and a hot tub.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

My parents own a condo in downtown Chicago (right across the street from Millenium Park ... awesome location), so we're headed there - and going to meet my parents - for the third year in a row. Their condo is one block over from the Thanksgiving parade route (I told you, *awesome* location!!), so we'll take the kiddos to see the parade on Thursday morning. Friday we might do some window shopping along Michigan Avenue, Saturday we'll drive home, and Sunday we'll put up the Christmas tree.

I love Thanskgiving.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Thanksgiving with the in-laws on the 20th after M's Nutcracker rehearsal. Turkey day at my mom's with my fam. Hoping to do some shopping Friday with my sister or some friends. Sugar Plum Fairy Tea on the 28th (the girls are going to be there in costume, M performs). Our lives really do revolve around Nutcracker this time a year.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

NONE! We are taking call for several people, including ourselves!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My inlaws are coming here Sunday before Tgiving. We drive down to SC to spend thurs and Friday with MIL's family. I'm stressed about seeing them.
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Will probably have mini-Thanksgiving with best friend and her DH on Sunday, as we need to share our free turkey with someone. I will then spend Monday and Tuesday traveling the busiest travel corridor in the country to go back and forth to campus. I make this drive 3-4 days/week and these two days are the WORST days of the entire year, grrrr. But then things will perk up - we are going to see Harry Potter on Wednesday night.

On Turkey Day, we will drive up to DH's aunt's house for dinner, then sort-of back down to spend the night at his parents. Depending upon the weather, we will probably attend our alma mater's last home football game on Friday. DH is on call on Sunday and I will probably spend Saturday and Sunday working on my thesis and other assignments. Can't wait until next year when I don't have to worry about this crap and can fully enjoy the holiday weekend!
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

My parents own a condo in downtown Chicago (right across the street from Millenium Park ... awesome location), so we're headed there - and going to meet my parents - for the third year in a row. Their condo is one block over from the Thanksgiving parade route (I told you, *awesome* location!!), so we'll take the kiddos to see the parade on Thursday morning. Friday we might do some window shopping along Michigan Avenue, Saturday we'll drive home, and Sunday we'll put up the Christmas tree.
              Neat--we spent Christmas in Chicago last year and went to Macys-formerly-Marshall-Fields. We went to the Christkindlmark too--it was awesome but we couldn't stay long due to the freezing rain. You might like it!~

http://www.christkindlmarket.com/
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yep, we ventured over there but couldn't stay bc of the weather.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We are going to visit dh in Nashville for the week. We are so excited to see him !! The only downside is that it is going to be really hard to leave him
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My parents will be here. It's my first Thanksgiving on my own. Scratch that; it's my first time cooking or baking anything for Thanksgiving. I hope I won't mess it up too much.
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

No plans here, either.

Comment

Dh is working the night before and the night of. So, he'll be sleeping all day. But this year I don't care because for the first time since we started residency......he has Christmas day off!!

Comment

Husband has to stay here to work, so I'm driving both girls to my parents' in Illinois and staying about a week. (First T-giving apart from my husband since we met.) I'm pretty nervous about the drive--six hours is definitely longer than I've driven the two of them by myself. Also nervous about keeping track of Hazel in an un-babyproofed house. She gets into trouble in the blink of an eye these days.

Speaking of which, while we're there we're going to have a first-birthday party for her with the family. I can't believe my baby is going to be 1!
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Oh my! Hazel is turning one? I remember the baby names thread.

Jane--Have a lovely trip. Sounds like you'll have a blast! Have you seen the new wing at the Art Institute yet?
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

On back up call. But we will have a small dinner just us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X