Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hair color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair color question

For those of you who get their hair colored at the salon (or any hairdressers out there!), when you shampoo your hair after getting it colored, does color/dye get on your towel when you dry it? I've been getting my hair colored for about a year, but I've never had that happen. But, I just got it colored Saturday (new hairdresser) and I've shampooed my hair twice since then and both times ended up with dye on my towel. What gives? Is that normal? They use demi-permanent all over color - dark brown. I know I should just call my hairdresser and ask, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong!?
    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

I've only had that happen once in the 14 years I've been coloring my hair (we gray early in our family). I use a permanent color currently Loreal Inoa, and I LOVE it!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I had this happen a couple of times in high school when I had dyed my hair some ridiculous shade of purple or pink or whatever and I was trying to get it out by using pert plus and lathering and rinsing ten times in one shower. So it might be that you are using a "harsher" shampoo than usual?!? I've never had it happen after a professional color or even a cheap drug store once over. I would call your hairdresser.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner, so no changes there. I will call her tomorrow. I'm bummed because she did a really good job on my cut, so I hope it was just a fluke.

Comment

Yes it will happen, most times people use darker colored towels so they do not notice. And a demi color does it more than any other.

Oh pollyanna- INOA is fantastic!!!
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Thanks, bokelley. I called and got the scoop. I guess she used a less harsh semi permanent on the ends of my hair (while the roots got the more permanent), and it's to be expected. So I feel better

Comment

Working...
            X