Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

White Elephant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Elephant?

So, we are going to a white elephant Christmas party on Monday night. I have no idea what to get! It is supposed to be something ridiculous but at the same time something that SOMEBODY might want to take home with them. It can be something new or something I already have. But..umm..i sorta like all my stuff so I'm going with something new. hopefully.
    I'm sure some of you guys have some amazing ideas!! right?

-Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Giant Microbes. http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/ecoli.html

But I am a dork.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Chipmunks Christmas album? Or Bob Dylan?

My husband has a giant microbe!
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Sweater Shaver. It will change your life. And if it doesn't, it isn't the sweater shaver's fault.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Sweater Shaver. It will change your life. And if it doesn't, it isn't the sweater shaver's fault.
          HAHAHA.. She's at it again!

Last year we went to Target and just walked around until we found something. I believe we ended up getting boxers with a cartoon character on them, and water balloons. They are still sitting wrapped in the corner of our apartment because it got snowed out by the snowpocolypse.

Is there a price you are supposed to hit or be under? One year as a kid I got a GIANT bag of animal crackers. I mean huge. I was the happiest kid at the party. You might do a giant bag of candy, or a box of assorted candies.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
            Going for your holiday commission Marissa? (just kidding). I think of YOU when my sweaters have those little pills now.

ETA: Cross posted with L.Jane
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Going for your holiday commission Marissa? (just kidding). I think of YOU when my sweaters have those little pills now.

I'm participating in two white elephants and buying sweater shavers with my above quote attached...
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I actually thought of you the other day, too, Marissa...you can rest easy that you've made your mark on us
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My cousin did a weird one when we were kids. It was funny as hell, though. He took a branch and glued it into a small pot. He then filled the pot with fake moss. Finally, he super-glued a spent gun shell casing to one of the offshoots of the branch.

It was a Cartridge in a Bare Tree.

Comment

We do a regifting one in my girls' dinner club that is a lot of fun. I received a fancy wine bottle opener set which I will regift this year because I prefer hops to grapes.

Before you go buy anything look around and see what you have on hand that someone else may want.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I once gave a white ceramic elephant statue that was about 2ft tall. It was the most wanted gift. I lost count on how many times it was stolen during the exchange.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I always give random crap my in-laws brought back from India.

Comment

We participate in a white elephant every year w/ both our families & it's always the highlight of the holiday. Everyone competes to find the most hideous gift every year & it's always a riot. This year I'm giving a contraception guide from DH's ob/gyn rotation along w/ a pregnancy test from the dollar store. Since my in laws are all hard core republicans we're also giving an Obama puzzle. The goal for us is to always give the least popular gift.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

DH gave http://www.amazon.com/Gas-We-Pass-St...1526135&sr=8-5 once. Hilarious!
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I was doing a little Christmas shopping yesterday and found that our As Seen on TV store was going out of business! Everything was 50% off, so I got dog and human matching snuggies.
                              -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Working...
                              X