Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anyone else depressed about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the privilege of spending a half a day with Elizabeth Edwards once. The buzz has not been kind to her in the intervening years, but at the time I was nothing but impressed. I hope she's comfortable and surrounded by people who love her.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
      I hope she's comfortable and surrounded by people who love her.
      Amen.

Comment

Elizabeth Edwards passed away today. Her poor children.

Comment

Wow, how very very sad. There are no words for her kids.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So very sad
            Her poor children.
            What a tough road that woman has been down...

Comment

This makes so sad today....
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Very very sad.

Comment

I am so sad to hear this news.
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I turned on the Nightly News and they were talking about her life, so I thought they were just recapping the story from yesterday. When they got to the end of the piece, they said she had passed away this morning, and I was very shocked and upset. My thoughts and prayers are with her children and family.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I remember when her cancer was first diagnosed, I knit a pink scarf for her but never had the guts to send it. I just thought she was just such a gentle and generous person from what I'd read of her. I think Jenn Patel bought it from me as a Christmas gift. :O
                      Alison

Comment

This is a sad day, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family. 61 is too young in my book.

Comment

Also sad: The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to stage a protest at Mrs. Edwards' funeral. (This is the same group whose free speech rights are at issue in a case currently on the Supreme Court docket.) I feel so sorry for her children.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/...t-edwards.html

Comment

There is a special place in hell for that group of tools. They protested a high school near my hometown not long ago for apparently no reason.

As if that poor woman didn't deal with enough douhebags while she was alive.

Comment

WTH are they protesting?
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Those jackasses will protest anything and anywhere that will get them attention. Hopefully the group of motorcycle vets that have been protecting military funerals will do the same at hers. The Supreme Court is currently deciding if they have that right to protest, I have a feeling it will be a very heated decision.

IDIOTS!
                                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X