Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Beer making kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer making kit

Although I really don't like beer, DH is very interested in drinking and possibly making it. Do you fine members of IMSN have any recs in store or online? I'd like to keep it under $100. Thanks and yes I know I am late in getting this gift
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

I will ask my friend. Her husband is also *very* into it.

Comment

My mom has friends who are hobby brewmasters. I think they have a favorite book with lots of great info. I'll email them and find out what it's called.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks ladies
        Danielle

Comment

Joy of Homebrewing is the book you're thinking of, I believe, by Charlie Papazian. Danielle, if I were you I'd find a homebrew store and ask the proprietor for suggestions. I bet they could get him started on a simple recipe and some basic equipment within your budget. Then he'll have the equipment if he wants to keep up the hobby, and the staff will be good resources if he has any questions.
          Alison

Comment

The all in one beer kits don't work very well. I second the microbrew store in town- or start with one of the brewing books (Sam Caglione from Dogfishead has a great one) and a gift certificate to the local brewing place.

J.

Comment

I'll have to ask a coworker. He got one for his birthday and November and I get weekly updates...
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm probably too late on this (I was off the site for a while). DH makes wine from kits, and he gets a lot of his supplies from a local store. There's an online place, too, and I know it has beer kits (he's never tried brewing beer). I'll ask him today what the online place is called.

I just have to say - if anyone else gets into wine making, the chocolate raspberry port is by far my favorite. *yum*

Comment

I ended up getting coopers brew since it's the only one with an actual brewery....fingers crossed for Xmas day. I also got the joy of brewing. Thanks for all the help
                  Danielle

Comment

Working...
                  X