Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A little sad today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little sad today

Growing up my parents never let us have pets and now I understand why. My younger sister (a senior in HS) got an iguana as a pet 6 years ago and at first we all laughed at her choice but quickly Spikes (the iguana) become a staple part of our family. He's even up to our place (4 hour drive) and stayed during the holidays. A week ago spikes got really sick and was shaking and not eating and his bones started breaking. My dad and sister took spikes to the vet and they wanted $900 just to look at him and test him...we didn't have enough money so he came home to die. Spikes died 20 minutes after my sister left home for school. My dad has been crying and hasn't told her yet. I fe horrible because I can't be there to console her. Not sure what to do...just sad about it. Just wanted to share how much spikes will be missed
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Oh! I'm so sorry!!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I'm so sorry. It is so hard when a pet passes.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Pets are very much a part of the family regardless of what kind of pet they are. Big big hugs!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Sorry to hear.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Awww, I'm sorry. That is never easy. *Hugs*

Comment

Oh no.
                That makes my heart really sad
                Thinking of your sister!

Comment

I'm so sorry.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm so sorry. Pets are family members as far as I am concerned.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks all....I really never knew that it would hurt the whole family this much. I also never imagined an iguana with a funny personality but Spikes sure had one
                      Danielle
                      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

:hugs: so sorry!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm sorry. Pets bring us so much joy, but the tradeoff is, we have to let them go eventually. I think it's worth it, but it still hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Music Nerd View Post
                            I'm sorry. Pets bring us so much joy, but the tradeoff is, we have to let them go eventually. I think it's worth it, but it still hurts.
                            This is why I will never get a sibling pair of cats again. Loosing one is hard enough but then loosing a second due to heartbreak days later really is painful!

I'm sorry for your familys loss.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I'm so sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X