Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adios

Just a quick note to say.... See ya. The movers come tomorrow and we will be in transition for a couple weeks. Good luck to all you movers and those of you starting new residencies, PGY years and out-of-training years.

The next time I sign on I will be a new resident in Indiana. Kris, congrats on the boy!! That is what I thought you would have. Kelly, congrats on kicking butt in the marathon! You are my hero!!!! Jenn, I am glad you made it to your moving desitination. So sorry about your kitty! Everyone else, sorry if I missed anything important. I was trying to scan the posts one last time.

Here's to post-training life! By the way, moving stinks!!!!!

Jennifer
    Needs

Jenn...

Can't wait to hear from you about life on the other side I hope the move is going well for you all...I know how stressful it can be! Let us know when you get there so that we know that you are safe 8) And...every detail about your new house is of course expected

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Good luck with the move!
      Can't wait to hear about your new location.

Comment

Hope the trip goes well. Let us know how life is on the other side ....

Robin

Comment

Best of luck to you .
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jennifer,

Welcome to Indiana! Better yet, welcome to the Attending life. I'm hoping that all goes smoothly.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well, we made it to Indiana. We are enjoying our new home and Ron starts work officially tomorrow (well whatever he can do without a medical license).

We had plenty of obstacles along the way. The movers screwed up so we were stuck for 5 extra days in our house without any of our stuff. Ron's back injury flaired up and he was put on bed rest for several days leaving my mom and I to deal with our toddler and unpacking. Our first night, it rained so hard that the power went out as we were unpacking, it threw our grill across the deck and we discovered a huge leak in our basement.

My in-laws kept up their usual discourse and showed up to our home unannounced (they called when they were 10 minutes away) 4 days after we arrived and in the middle of my mom's birthday dinner. The same night on their way back to their hotel, they were involved in a head-on car collision and were both taken to the hospital, and thankfully later released.

I think we will look back on this experience and laugh. At least I hope so because we have certainly done enough fighting during this stressful time. However, we people seem to be extremely friendly in our subdivision and my husband is looking forward to starting his new job. Avery has made the transition to a twin bed very easily so we are thankful.

Indiana seems to be a great place to live so far!

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Jennifer,

I am glad you are getting settled -- hopefully the worst is behind you! I am totally jealous that you are in Indiana -- go have some pizza at Arni's (at 86th and Michigan) the first chance you get and think of me.

If your DH hears of any OB groups that are looking for someone in two years, let us know!

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Jennifer-

I think we should all combine our "war stories" and write a book!

Glad your move is over and you're adjusting to everything!

Jenn

Comment

you're back

Jennifer...I'm glad that you guys survived the move and are getting settled in. How long will it take for Ron's license to come through? At least they are letting him get started! I bet you will be glad to get back into a routine....

How is your pregnancy going? It must have been hard going through the move and then having to do all of that work on your own after Ron hurt his back

kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Wow, sounds like things got a little crazy. Glad to hear you recieved all of your belongings and are starting to settle in.
                      Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                      X