Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

There really is no benefit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There really is no benefit!

To being married to a neurosurgeon! If your DH is in med school or if you're trolling this site looking to marry a doc at least pick one in a useful specialty!

I sliced open my finger while making dinner for the kids and told DH if he had access to some stitches he might bring some home because its bleeding pretty good. His response? No, I'll come home and if you need stitches you can go to the ER and I'll stay home with the kids. REALLY? He said its because he doesn't have access to the numbing med - whatever!
    Last edited by SuzySunshine; 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Geez! What's he good for?! Lol
    All joking aside, has your finger slowed with the bleeding?

Comment

Although ITA that there really is no benefit whatsoever, I have to say that the ER might be the better way to go.

I don't know, the one time my DH stitched my toe up, we didn't talk the entire next day afterward. He claimed I was his worst patient ever.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

He decided it doesn't need stitches. It was still bleeding pretty good without the bandage on when he got home but has slowed considerably.

Of course I've taken 3 advil and am having a beer so its ok

Comment

A little advil and beer does a girl good
          Glad you're feeling better!

Comment

Tell him to stop by the ER and get some Dermabond to have on hand in case there is a next time. Great stuff, just make sure your Tetanus is up to date.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Some of it is where you're at. When we were up there, we would have had to go in for anything that required meds. There was no way to bring any home from the ER. The paramedics, however, always seemed able to slip some out the door of the ambulance. It's basically about who you're friends with, I guess.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I know I got a tetanus when A was born 3 years ago and I'm pretty sure I had one when R was born. Its still throbbing this morning but I'll live.

Comment

Sports medicine is where it's at then. DH's sports med bag has all the goodies to throw a few stitches when necessary. As a matter of fact, last year he stitched himself up from it just before we headed out to the residency's 2nd look festivities.

Yeah, he's gross. Handy, but gross.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    sports medicine is where it's at then. Dh's sports med bag has all the goodies to throw a few stitches when necessary. As a matter of fact, last year he stitched himself up from it just before we headed out to the residency's 2nd look festivities.

Yeah, he's gross. Handy, but gross.
                    lol

Comment

I second the dermabond shout out.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Haha, my husband won't even answer my medical questions, really. "You should go see a doctor. I only deal with kids."
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Sorry about your finger - hope it stops hurting soon! DH used to do more for us when he worked in a system where it was easier to keep Lidocaine on hand, but now he won't do anything. Plus, I'm a terrible patient.

Comment

Working...
                          X