Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How to thank a plumber.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to thank a plumber.

Hi Everyone! Okay, I haven't posted very often lately, but I do get on here a LOT. Just so you don't all think I just come on here to take advantage of your wonderful advice giving skills.

Here is my little dilemma.
    Our water heater broke the day after Christmas. It was a disaster. It was leaking water all over our house and the leak was coming from behind an electric control panel...which seemed really bad to me, but who really knows.
    Anyway, my friends husband used to be a plumber, and he came over that very night after he got off work and installed a new water heater for us. It took him about 3 hours and he had to go to the store twice for materials. We were expecting to pay him at least a couple hundred dollars because the estimates that we got were around the 500-800 range without the new water heater.
    Then he charged us $90...and I'm sure materials were at least 50. we tried to give him 250, but he wouldn't take it.
    He is SO nice and he did such a great job. I want to do something to thank him, but...I have no idea what would be appropriate. I mean, obviously he doesn't want our money. I don't want to be rude by forcefully giving him more money.
    Do you guys think I should send him a gift card...or...I don't know..something for his kids? or just leave it at a thank you note?
    I'm just SOOO grateful I feel like I should do something!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

What about a gift certificate to a nice restaurant and a gift certificate for your babysitting services?
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Maybe a Visa gift card for the family, and sign with something like "thank you for giving up your family time to help us", and give it to his wife!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I agree, something the family can use. We just had a new one put in a couple of weeks ago and the installation alone was $200.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

$200 would buy alot of groceries, especially after the holidays.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I would agree with a restaurant gift certificate (and babysitting) or grocery gift card...I'm sure they would be very appreciated!
            Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Working...
            X