Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oops! Broke his pager!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops! Broke his pager!

Russ rarely leaves anything of importance at home. He usually forgets his lunch, but never things like pagers, keys, IDs. I think it's only happened 1 or 2 times before (med school and residency combined). He left his pager today and so I was being really good about keeping it with me. Trying to listen for it, etc. Apparently during my playtime with the boys, I crushed it. And fully cracked the screen and leaked dye/ink throughout it. Oops! He called it and it still beeps, but the display is shot!

Maybe it was subconscious since he's on call this week and had to go in last night?
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

haha! I could see myself accidentally breaking DH's pager with a hammer... But it's mostly a fantasy.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Oops! Hehe! Tempting...
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I thought those things were indestructible!
        Dd has jammed a button on occasion, but nothing has ever broken it...

I hate the pager, mostly because there's got to be so much gross stuff growing on it. Like ties!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I've washed the damn thing and it didn't break. Were you and the boys practicing body slams or something? Ha ha!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Maybe I'm just really overweight? I was wearing it on my hip, clipped to the top of my pants. I must've mashed it between my hip bone and the floor. ??
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Attached Files
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Nice pager! We have the old ones....but that one is pretty!

It's not the pager that is my enemy: it's the darn cell phone. The texts and calls, calls and texts: all the time, call or no call: vacation or no vacation. When residency is over I should get him a new phone so I can burn his old one in effigy to the suffering of the past few years....

Comment

Oh, come on Michele! It has nothing to do with weight. Just an (un)lucky break!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

*snicker* That's awesome!! I sometimes fantasize that DH's pager would "accidentally" fall into the garbage disposal.
                    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Don't feel bad. DH has destroyed several. I think he's on his 4th pager and this is his 3rd year of residency.

Comment

Your floors are hard. I'm betting it was hip bone to floor that smashed it. Not weight.
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                          It's not the pager that is my enemy: it's the darn cell phone. The texts and calls, calls and texts: all the time, call or no call: vacation or no vacation. When residency is over I should get him a new phone so I can burn his old one in effigy to the suffering of the past few years....
                          Yes! I hate it so!
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

It was silent all day and now has gone off 3 times in the past 10 minutes. I can read a few words on the one side. I guess the important people have his cell number and will find him that way.
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post

This is what I plan on doing too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X