Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We survived internship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We survived internship!!!

We are officially done with the internship year!!! YEAH! The attending my hubby was with this last month is taking the team out to dinner tonight along with their significant others to The Palms Restaurant. Never been there but I know the meals average $40 a meal! 8O A huge treat for us. SO ... we went out this afternoon and I bought a new outfit with the anniversary money my mom sent.

Congrats to everyone else that just finished up the year. It is a good feeling knowing that another year is done and we are a little closer to our goal. Enjoy!

Robin

We are done with our internship too!!!! Yippy!! He also now has no call for 9 weeks! I think things will finally begin to take a slower pace now which is great. Congrats to everyone who is done!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Robin, enjoy the dinner at The Palm! Wow! 8O What a kind attending!

Comment

Congrats! That's awesome that you guys get to go out to a fancy dinner! I hope you had a good time!
        My hubby just finished his first year of fellowship so he is no officially a "senior fellow". He got to go out to a fancy seafood dinner tonight, too, while the girls and I were on our own!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congratulations on surviving internship!

I think we survived it too, but I'm waiting to hear from my husband to confirm that. He was the night float last night and scheduled to get off at 7am this morning. Then at 7:30 am, he starts ophtho. He barely has time to get a shower! Needless to say, I don't think he'll be "all there" on his first day. Anyway, I haven't talked to him since around 4:30 pm yesterday, and while he's probably dragging, I'm sure he survived.

I won't miss nightfloat!!!!!
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We're done with internship too!

All of the surgical interns got the "day off" yesterday, so they took department funds and went to Cedar Point (amusement park, for those of you who don't know) for the day and then to a nice dinner afterwards. Of course today begins the journey into trauma consult call and nightfloats ...
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congrats to all of you! Make the most of every milestone along the way.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Intern Year

Congrats on surviving intern year!!! Isn't it a great feeling? It only gets better from here, guys!

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

YEAH! Congrats! Now the fun begins!

I teased Matt last night-- "Just think tomorrow you're going to be an all-knowing R3, and the inexperienced R2 anesthesia residents will look to you for guidance and knowledge." His comment was "Oh yeah, tomorrow morning I will wake up and everything will change. (he laughed)"

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

That's great, guys! I know what a huge step that is to get that behind you. It will get better and better in terms of hours. Enjoy!

Comment

Congratulations you guys, only 3,4,0r 5 plus years to go. Boy it does seem like ages ago that we were done with internship. Boy has it been 5 years already? In the end you will say, "that wasn't that bad." At least I hope.

Comment

Jon is now officially an R3 - which means we have three more years to go. sigh....
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Congrats to all of us! This is exciting, We're fourth years!!!! Better yet, we're in the research lab for two years. No clinical duties except for moonlighting. Can you hear my joy? Hey, only four more years of residency and two more years of fellowship. O.K., We'll scratch that last line off the "happy" list. But I'm stoked.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations on the achievement of finishing intern year! I was SO happy to be done with that year! It really is a milestone.

Comment

Working...
                            X