Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help me brainstorm a Nerdy Thirty Birthday Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me brainstorm a Nerdy Thirty Birthday Party!

DH is turning 30 soon and I'd like to surprise him with something fun. He's definitely not the "dirty thirty" type of guy, but I was thinking he might get a kick out of "nerdy thrity"!

When you hear "Nerdy Thirty" what comes to mind for cake, decorations, maybe games, prizes, etc.?

One other thing I'd like to do is somehow incoporate all our friends spread across the country from undergrad and med school. One idea I had was to maybe send them a puzzle piece (with a self-addressed return envelope, so they'd come back to me) and have them write a note on the puzzle piece. That way DH could have birthday wishes from his friends....

Help me brainstorm!!

Games
    pin the mouse on the computer,
    spin the pen (like spin the bottle),
    Play old computer games like pong and pacman
    Get an old Polaroid camera and take shots through out the night.

Cake
    Shape of the maths pie symbol

Decorations
    Chess boards and pieces
    Comic books
    Cut out cardboard math symbols
    Posters of sci fi films and TV shows like star trek, Buffy etc...
    Bowl of sweets like gummy teeth eyeball gob stoppers, gummy snakes, or trading cards or top trumps
    The 80's candy called 'Nerds'
    Lego, trains,

Food
    You could buy comic hero lunch boxes and fill them with party food and don't forget the flask. Put whatever alcohol in it and put a label on the outside of it saying soup, tea, coffee or hot coco.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

zazzle.com also has a t-shirt: http://www.zazzle.com/nerdy_thirty_t...84282694036572
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Love these ideas!! So fun and geeky!

Comment

Writing birthday wishes on a puzzle piece might be hard (unless it's a really big piece). What about index cards? Then you can laminate them and put them in those special index card cases. I'd also suggest watching an episode of Big Bang for inspiration.

Comment

Tshirts with his name and nerdy thirty in it for everyone to wear ( dh did it for me when he realized i never had a sweet 16)

How about those "nerdy" black rim glasses. You can probably get them cheap at oriental trading co.

Play revenge of the nerds or Doogie Howser in the background.

Get little nerds candies for folks to eat....

I bet it will be a great celebration! Smart thinking
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Get some young embarrassing picture of dh, put them in those cheesy plastic pin holders from michaels. (clear name badge pins work too) Put all of all these embarrassing pins at the front door in a big bowl for all the guests to wear. Don't tell dh, he'll have fun walking around talking to people seeing all the ridiculous pictures of his childhood they are wearing!

Comment

Since he's turning 30, that means he was born the same year I was: 1981.

Perhaps an 80's nerd theme? I'd watch Revenge of the Nerds for inspiration & go from there.

Posting on the fly, so I'll add more ideas later...
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

hehe. check out shirt.woot.com today.

I love MDPhDWife's idea of an 80's nerd theme. Have everyone come dressed in nerdy 80s gear.
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Now we know you guys have to plan our imsn meetup!!! Great, fun ideas!!
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

There's actually a new polaroid camera out there! We got my son one for Christmas. The pictures are business card size.

there are tons of kids experiment kits on amazon and those kinds of places- you can set up areas- make cystals here, make a volcano there...

Jenn

Comment

Class nerd glasses and Bucked teeth are what you need. For your design, add something like an emc2 equation into it. See http://amigosparty.com to get what I mean.

Comment

Make several different flavors of pie for dessert and write Pi in frosting.

Get star wars sandwich/cookie cutters.

Invite your friends to wear suspenders, glasses, Mr. Rogers sweaters, etc. and give a prize to the nerdiest outfit there.

Scatter Nerds (candy) on the food table.

Comment

Working...
                          X