Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Congratulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations

We (as in everyone here) are officially past the halfway point of this school/training year!!!

We are currently having interviews here which means another group coming in as interns and us moving on to year 3 in July. Just excited to feel like we are finally getting somewhere.

Hope you all take a minute to enjoy this minor milestone

We get in our cars and leave Rochester headed for Portland on June 28th!

(Now I'm going to have to put that in my signature!)
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Dh has a countdown on his calendar at work. We are both so ready to be DONE, dear Lord, please let the next 18 months fly by. We have been in grad school, training etc since we've been married, which will be 19 years in February. I am so over the whole damn thing.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I can't wait! It's a new chapter in both of our lives!!

Comment

Congratulate us in 3 months. We are off cycle. I try to shove these milestones under the rug for fear that DrK will begin his treck into the dismal swamp. Heck, I even decided to have a baby this June just to create a distraction. But congratulations to the rest of you!
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

This is just damn scary to me because the man will not figure out where the heck we are going to be next year. I am going to beat him up soon.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Congrats everyone! It's all downhill for the rest of the year ("easier" rotations). Next year will suck b/c PGY-2 is supposed to be the worst to begin with, and now there are those new intern regulations...blech...
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

What are the new intern regulations?
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Aren't they reducing the hours for interns? I thought I read this new regulation somewhere.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH said interns will no longer be able to take in house call - it doesn't affect his specialty because NSG interns (at least here) don't take in house call until PGY-2 but my understanding is that the new regs are quite strict. DH was reading an article on them the other night I'll get him to send it to me.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I needed this today! I’ve been in a “training is never going to end, my DH is not there when I need him, my life sucks” kind of funk all week. Thanks for the reminder that time is indeed marching on.

Congrats to those nearing the end!!

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                        What are the new intern regulations?
                        I *think* the new rules mean no 30 hour call for interns. No clue how that’s going to work. But, whatever.

Comment

I'd be interested in reading those new regulations too.
                          Last edited by scrub-jay; 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: Awkward grammar
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I think there are a few other new rules, but the 30-hour call is def. one of them. BF is not looking forward to having to deal with that next year. If I remember to ask him all the other new ones, I'll post them.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

6 months until residency is over! The a one year fellowship & training will be done!
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X