Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 4th

Hey..Happy 4th everyone...I hope you're all out attending barbecues and spending time with family!!!

We were going to go to Valley Fair Amusement Park for the Day, but our littlest woke up throwing up and our middle child has a sore throat . Poor Andrew is devastated...but I'm sure we can find some fun things to do around here!!!!

Hope y'all have a great day!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Sorry to hear about the sick kids, Kris. Hope everyone feels better soon.

I have been a cooking fiend this morning. And my kitchen is hot, hot, hot. Where, oh where, is my swamp cooler? Hopefully Eric can install it this weekend. We are going to Eric's parents house -- today is his dad's birthday. Since they are a little, uh, organizationally challenged, we are bringing potato salad, baked beans, and the birthday cake.

Have a fun day, everyone!

Comment

Don gets off at 4pm so we will be doing the barbque ribs thing with the girls then down to the river to watch the fireworks, the first time we have been able in five years, woohoo!!

Happy 4th Everyone!!

Comment

Happy 5th everyone!

Yesterday we had my parents, my cousin, my friend and her fiance and one of Rick's med school buddies and his girlfriend over for hambugers, hot dogs, beans, chips, beer, soda and deviled eggs- All American Fare! Then we walked over to the Mall and watched the fireworks- everyone split up after and took the Metro to their various stops-

All in all- a fun day-

Jenn

Comment

mmm....deviled eggs...mmmmm
          I'll bet that was a great fireworks show!

Comment

For the first time we were together for the 4th. We were on vacation in Michigan and watched fireworks over Lake Michigan.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne - Fireworks over Lake Michigan sounds wonderful!!!

We had a busy day, which was great. We went to a parade (which was absolutely pathetic) but we got coupons to go to the circus. We were able to get us in for $5 a person. So we did that in the afternoon. Then raced home for dinner and went to Sea World to watch the fireworks. It was a fun filled day that wore us out. Saturday was Zachary's 9th birthday so we spent the day as a family doing whatever Zach wanted to do. It was a nice weekend.

Sorry Kris that your kids were sick. Hope you still had fun.

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend!

Robin

Comment

Very late posting here but this is what we did.
                Our neighborhood had a parade--we decorated the stroller with flags, crepe paper, etc., and the older kids decorated their bikes and we walked through the neighborhood that was led by a guy in the neighborhood that plays the bagpipe. People in the neighborhood sat outside and waved to us--there were probably 50-75 people in the parade. Afterwards we had a neighborhood picnic with activities for the kids. It was so fun--afterwards my husband and I and the girls both went home and napped.
                Later that night we barbequed with a few other couples then walked down to the north end of the neighborhood. It is kind of on a cliff and has an amazing view of the city skyline. We could see several firework displays from there--it was really beautiful.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Bummer. I was going to post a picture of the cake I made but I can't get it to work. Guess that is what I get for trying to show off .

Comment

Happy belated Fourth.

My inlaws came in for the week and we spent the weekend traveling to South Dakota to see the Badlands and Mount Rushmore, which was very cool (the site seeing that is ). Seriously, I was suprised by how much I enjoyed meandering through South Dakota. It was beautiful country. Buffalo, elk, deer, burrows, and eagles all were within a couple feet of the car!!! I actually petted a wild burrow!

The interesting family story to tell from this trip is how we had to immediately pull over to the side of the road to let my son go to the bathroom on the birm. He refused to go number two in any other bathroom but ours back in Minnesota, so he was really stopped up. Let's just say that three year olds don't inform parents that they have to go until they really have to go. Of course, while he was doing his business, he forgot to push his pee pee down so I got to feel a warm sensation all over my tummy as I held him in my arms in a potty position. Ah, motherhood and body fluids go hand and hand, don't they?

Now I'm hankering to go over just "one more state" to Wyoming and Montana to see Yellowstone. Of course, that is another 9 hours on top of the entire day drive to get to Rushmore. Still, someday I'll go. I mean, hey, we're "in the area".

Kelly

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                    X