Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Guilty Pleasure Blogging Secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna venture out there and guess there are different types of Mormans, like there are different types of Catholics, etc. The most famous Morman in America, lives what some may consider a pretty materialistic life. One of my closest friends who happens to be Morman, does not. Anyhow, I'm going to have to check out some of these blogs.

Comment

Ok, the Nienie blog is cute.

Comment

I used to love blogs and keep my own ... now I don't blog myself and I don't read many blogs if any. I'm not sure why ... I guess my interests have changed? I do sometimes read this god-awful, snarky blog GOMI. I feel incredibly guilty and terrible about myself doing it ... but it's like a trainwreck that I have to peek at.

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          I used to love blogs and keep my own ... now I don't blog myself and I don't read many blogs if any. I'm not sure why ... I guess my interests have changed? I do sometimes read this god-awful, snarky blog GOMI. I feel incredibly guilty and terrible about myself doing it ... but it's like a trainwreck that I have to peek at.

Kris
          Pahaha, I just googled GOMI. It reminds me of a blog I used to read a couple years ago that almost exclusively made fun of the Pioneer Woman. I can't remember what the blog was called but it was terribly snarky and it cracked me up.
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I can never seem to get into the habit of reading blogs regularly, but every now and then, I go through a Cake Wrecks phase... also love shitmykidsruined and the blogs that make fun of auto correct. Oh, and sometimes I check out Tavi Gevinson's blog, which is odd for me because I don't really care about fashion. I think she fascinates me because she's just a kid.

Comment

I've also developed a fascination with the influx of Mormon bloggers. Mostly, I am confused sometimes by what I previously thought their religion was about, and blogs like this:http://devandmcki.blogspot.com/

I can't exactly put my finger on it, but the mommy blogger sort of goes against everything I thought Mormonism was...
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                I can't exactly put my finger on it, but the mommy blogger sort of goes against everything I thought Mormonism was...
                well she's definitely not wearing the undergarments with that outfit. WOW.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                  well she's definitely not wearing the undergarments with that outfit. WOW.
                  Yeah...it's pretty crazy. Also--and again, I don't know a lot about Mormonism and their culture, etc--she seems to be very status oriented and materialistic.

Somewhat related: some of DH's classmates were talking about the Mormons in his class (they are like 20, the school recruits from UT for whatever reason) and how they all stick together. All very young, skinny blond wives, with multiple kids. But the thing we didn't really get was the names they had chosen for their kids. I googled and apparently odd or "unique" names are a really big thing in the Utah Mormon scene. Not so much elsewhere, but apparently there it is like, the more oddly spelled or unpronouncable your kid's name is, the better.

She's also got a pregnancy blog from when she was pregnant with her youngest: http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot...cked-name.html

And here's the list of names they were choosing from:
                  Taylee
                  McKarty
                  Nayvie
                  Maylee
                  Kamree
                  Nykee
                  Taislee
                  Taigley
                  Tenley
                  McKamey
                  McKartnee
                  Tayvie
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how being a body-builder fits into the modesty of the Mormon church...not judging, just curious!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                    X