Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freezing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing!

The AIR TEMP was -27 when I got up this morning, that was WITHOUT the windchill. School has a two hour late start because of the short time frostbite could set in and kids having to wait for buses.

I'm SO DONE with this winter!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Brrrrrrrr.... Just think tho- this might be your last winter of this bitter cold!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Ugh! I know the feeling!! It has been so cold here too! Sadly winter has just begun for us here in DC. Walking to work is not as fun as it use to be!

We should all huddle together for warmth and drink hot coco!

Comment

LOL- our temp is positive 27 tho. Nothing like negative 27-- when they stop caring whether it's celsius or Farenheit scale, then you know it's cold!

The coldest I've ever been out in was around -20 on a ski vacation during a cold snap in Canada north of Idaho. You could take the 15 min lift up, then one run down the mountain and then have to sit in the lodge to thaw out for about 30 min. It was miserable.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

-10 here right now, with a high of 5

weirdly enough, no schools were delayed. interesting.

is it spring yet???
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

-18 as of ten a.m.

I'm only at "mildly annoyed" with the weather so far this year--ask me again in a month and I may have reached "downright surly" about it by then. Our current apartment is way better for dealing with the cold than our Evanston apartment was, however. More room, less drafty, (detached) garage for the car. Not to mention that we have two cars now. I'm dreaming of an attached garage for next year, though! (Assuming we're somewhere cold.)
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Wow, do I feel like a baby. I was just complaining because my office is so cold, and it's 41 degrees outside right now. I can't even imagine what -27 must feel like.

Comment

Same here, Cheri, except no delays. I can't get my car to warm up inside.
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oh my. That's booger-freezing weather. We're supposed to be -12 on Sunday and I'm not looking forward to it. Hope it warms up soon!!!

Julie - having an attached garage is AWESOME.

Comment

Holy Cow! It's 30 here and cold. Once it drops below 25, our heater cant keep up anymore and we have to set it at 85 just to keep it above 60 inside. We'd be screwed in Minnesota!

I cant believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually enjoying Texas weather. I'm sure I'll be cursing it again come summer, though.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It was -20 when C got on the bus this morning and now it is a balmy -4. Noticeably warmer.
                      Kris

Comment

0 with a windchill of -15...I am cold!!!

Comment

Man oh man. I so don't miss that Suzysunshine!

I hope it warms up soon!!!!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Cheri,I think the difference in our temps yesterday was 100 degrees!! When I read read about your -27 it was 73 here!!!
                            Now that's just WACK!

Comment

It is 7 degrees here now. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo over these Northeast winters.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X