Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Magical Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Customer Service

I ordered something from the disney store online, and they sent me one wrong item. It was a nightgown instead of a little outfit. So I called customer service and no problem- they are sending out the correct item and told me to just keep the other item or donate it to whichever charity I'd like.

That was simple. I was geared up for a fight LOL.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Wow!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I love Disney customer service. Back in the day, my mom mildly complained during a trip to Disney World about the lack of life jackets in childrens sizes at the pool. We came back to the hotel and there was a ridiculous gift basket with a "sorry" note. It wasn't even that big of a deal.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

They aren't being nice. The are being numbers-oriented. By doing this, it keeps their returns-processing costs and figures down.

But yay for you!

Comment

While that's what makes sense business wise, I know from experience sooo many companies who do it another way by making you send the item back.

Disney's customer service is pretty awesome!
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

They sent us someone elses package two years back at Christmas. I called because I was worried someone was missing their presents. They said they already corrected their error. I asked them to send UPS to pick up the box because it was at least $100 worth of items. UPS never came and we just donated the box of toys.

I LOVE DISNEY
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I had a similar experience with okiedog this week. I bought a "dropper" for Mattie in the fall, & 2 kids roughhousing with it at my cookie exchange managed to break both handles off. I called okiedog, and they're sending me a new one, free!

Comment

Disney has INSANE customer service. They're one of the few big companies that gets it right 99.999999% of the time.

Comment

Lol lily- they had them come do the customer service training at Dhs hospital when he was an intern. Haha. It hasnt helped.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Great customer service is really hard to find. And it really is numbers driven, the cost of the nightgown is probably equal or less than the shipping costs associated with a call tag. Muchmuchmuch easier to let it go and look like you are doing the customer a favor.
                    Kris

Comment

ITA with House of Wool. I have had companies tell me, "Yeah, you didn't receive your package, that's YOUR problem". Even if it is financially beneficial for them, it is a win-win maneuver.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                      X