Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Graduation announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation announcement

The school just sent me info on ordering graduation announcements. Is this something you do normally? Also who all do you send them too?
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

DH's school gave us 25 announcements for free. So I picked 25 people and included an enclosure [that I printed on nice card stock] that read:

As he is conferred the degree
    of Doctor of Medicine
    DH
    thanks you for your
    love, support, and prayers

In the end, I had to make a few more generic announcements to send to some of DH's maternal grandmother's relatives. I sent the original 25 to "immediate" family like my parents, his parents, our grandparents, my aunt and uncle, his mom's brothers, and cousins who were invited to the graduation. I don't think I would have bothered to spend money on them.

Comment

We didn't see any reason to send announcements to people who already knew that he was graduating.

Comment

We didn't do announcements.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We invited those who we wanted to come to the graduation with the limited amount of tickets we had and then like diggity said, everyone knew he was graduating. I don't know what the "proper" thing to do is, but we felt sending out announcements was just asking people for gifts.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I think we sent a handful to immediate family and his aunts/uncles.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We didn't send any announcements.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

DH "got" 25 from his school - but he never picked them up He wasn't supported at all by my family, and his family is very small - so they all personally got a call to thank them (besides his parents - everyone is too old to have traveled for the ceremony anyway!)
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I can't remember how many he got but they were really formal and very pretty- of course it wasn't 'just' a medical school graduation, it was also a ceremony to promote them to the next rank. It was all very military and red, white and blue. They graduate the military people and the members of the Public Health Service. The Navy band played, it was at Constitution Hall in DC, all of the military medicine big wigs came. The Army Surgeon General was the speaker as I recall. HUGE deal in other words. We sent invitations to his sisters, his mother and my family members. Of course, they were already coming because we got married the next day in my parents living room. Which was definitely not as solemn of an occasion as the graduation- although he wore his dress blues for both!)

J

Comment

I think DH got some type of graduation invitation/announcement for free from his school, so we just sent them out to immediate family who were already coming to graduation. I thought they might like to have the invitation as a little memento or something. I resisted the urge to print up actual announcements for fear that people would think we were just asking for money.

Comment

DH's school is providing something like 20 which we'll send out, but I really hope people don't think we're trying to solicit cash. Any ideas on how to avoid that?
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We didn't do announcements med school but we did make cool ones for his PhD and mailed them out in test tubes. Kinda hard to top that for med school
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                          We didn't do announcements med school but we did make cool ones for his PhD and mailed them out in test tubes. Kinda hard to top that for med school
                          Each announcement wrapped around a speculum.

(Someone had to say it.)
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

That is hilarious!! Okay, new plan for the end of fellowship.
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

That is great for an OB!
                              Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X