Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's ready for snow/ice/general destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's ready for snow/ice/general destruction?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weath...est_2011-01-30

I think this will impact a huge chunk of IMSNers. I'm hoping for a work "snow day," but apparently that hasn't happened since 1983. I'll resign myself to working from home.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

I've heard about this coming... but have been thinking in terms of things being closed, not really in terms of being stranded/snowed in or potentially without power. Perhaps I should make sure we have the essentials around here... I can easily see us being snowed into our subdivision, we never get plowed out, and just have a constant sheet of ice in our streets.

I have plenty I can do around here, so it doesn't bother me too much, but now that I think of it, we may not be totally prepared!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Bleh! So glad I can stay at home, but I hate that DH has to go out in it. Can't wait until we can get cars that can handle this mess better!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We're supposed to get around 24". I had to go to 3 different stores before I could find ANY pet safe ice melt.

Blargh.

Comment

We're expecting around a foot. Fortunately we don't have anywhere we need to be, we'll be riding it out at home (except for DH, of course!). I dunno, I'm kind of excited. It's our first significant snowfall of the season.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We were a mess of ice and freezing rain this morning. NOT fun. I needed to drive today because I have a meeting that might run late (therefore making the return bus ride too unpredictable). I hate driving, especially in bad weather. I basically slid down my street.

It seems to have moved on to snow, which is much more what folks are accustomed to here.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

We have a scheduled snowday for Wednesday (and a possible halfday on Tuesday)! Woohoo!

16-22 in IL.

Comment

5-6 inches on Tuesday and 20 inches Wednesday . It does suck that DH has to go no matter what....it's going to be a kong 2 days!
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Make that long 2 days!
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                    I needed to drive today because I have a meeting that might run late (therefore making the return bus ride too unpredictable).
                    ...and now they've canceled my meeting due to the weather. I really should've taken the bus.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

The boy can miss preschool if it's bad. The girls still have school since our hallway and living room don't ice over. If the roads are truly bad, I'll have Garrett take my car ('97 CR-V that drives wonderfully on ice -- 4WD). If the kids and I end up needing to go anywhere or need anything, my mom can help out -- her CR-V doesn't do as well as mine on ice, but it's decent.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I think this one is going to miss us, we're supposed to get about 4-6" total and it started this morning and is supposed to be done by tomorrow morning. I should really be out shoveling it now but I'm not.

Be careful out there guys!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Today was my first day with my 1hr+ commute (from 10 mins). It sucked. Ugh. My work never cancels for the weather.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Ugh. I'm so sick of winter. I'm actually stuck at work because the roads are too dangerous for my precious boss to come in. But yet it's okay for me to have to drive in three hours when the roads are worse. During rush hour. Yay!
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I've been trying to move around tomorrow's appointments so I can keep BabyK home from daycare and call it a pyjama day. Oh, he'll surely run me ragged.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X