Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's ready for snow/ice/general destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just sent Russ out for some sugar. If we lose power, I'm baking in the gas stove!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

They are saying an Ice storm for STL. NO FUN!!! Already a 1/4" tonight. Here is my car as I was leaving work at noon. Lets hope for a grown-up snow day!!ice.jpgice2.jpgice3.jpgice1.jpg
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Good grief! I think the old playhouse in our backyard is going to blow away! I can hear something on it flapping in the wind. Thanks to Kenny, I've been awake since 4:30 (out of bed since 5).
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

No more Winter Storm Warning from NWS, now it's a Blizzard Warning.

Comment

It's coming down here...it's that fine slippery shit. The kids are having a half-day which they're bummed about. Ds misses out on skiing on the mountain. Dd's miss out on after school gymnastics and play dough club. I'm guessing no school tomorrow and maybe a two hour delay (for road clean up) on
            Thursday. I don't mind the snow. Feet of snow doesn't bother me. It's the ice I dislike.

Stay safe, all.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm really glad I don't have to go anywhere. Russ said he slid a little this morning on the drive in. I heard they closed DFW airport. I wonder how much this messes up SuperBowl prep.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Still wearing a tank top...okay so if I am going to be out for more than five minutes I do need to put on a fleece .

Stay warm and safe everyone! Maybe next year Suz and I should plan a iMSN meeting in AZ during the winter months so you can all warm up.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                  Stay warm and safe everyone! Maybe next year Suz and I should plan a iMSN meeting in AZ during the winter months so you can all warm up.
                  After my trip to Arizona, I'm not convinced that would help.

We've got ice, and now a blizzard predicted on top of it. My kids have a snow day today, and I expect a snow day tomorrow if this stuff comes through. And then they're off on Friday anyway ...

Comment

I was told this morning by DS's bus driver that they're planning on a snow day tomorrow

Hell has apparently frozen over.

Comment

Nice sheet of ice on everything and crap keeps banging the side of the house. DH is still sleeping, so I assume he has given up on going in. Good--because my car is parked behind his and he'll refuse to drive mine--I'm not defrosting both.

Work is still open...but everyone is working from home. Except for the factory workers of course. They put out such a nice, concerned email about being careful as you make your way into the building...wouldn't want you to slip and get workers comp after all.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You all are going to roll your eyes at me, but I am actually really jealous that we haven't had ANY snow this year. It's been clear and in the 50's here the past two weeks. I can usually count on at least one snow day per year, but not this year. I so love me a good snow storm! I'll have to live vicariously through
                        you all. Be safe everyone!
                        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

State executive branch employees got a delayed start, but not legislative employees (that would be me). So here I am while it is -12 and snowy outside. At least I have a space heater and coffee in my office.

Stay warm, folks.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally Posted by Pollyanna
                            Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                            After my trip to Arizona, I'm not convinced that would help.

We've got ice, and now a blizzard predicted on top of it. My kids have a snow day today, and I expect a snow day tomorrow if this stuff comes through. And then they're off on Friday anyway ...
                            We actually had a similar experience on an Arizona/Utah trip in January '07--I might be cursed with bringing bad weather with me!

I have limited snow sympathies, but stay safe all you iced-over people--that crap is scary!
                            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Thank you Denver for your ability to take care of the roads. If only it were going to reach a little higher than 4 degrees today. BRRRRR!!!!!!!

ETA: I was awoken this morning by a very excited DH who had to show me how if he threw up a cup of hot water, it froze. That is fantastic dear, do you mind if me, my pjs, and my robe go in the house now? BRRRR!!
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We got ice last night....no school today. The more significant part of the storm, which is supposed to bring us more ice and a little snow, is due to arrive this afternoon. I doubt we will have school tomorrow. DH had surgeries scheduled this morning, so he went in, but clinic is cancelled, so hopefully he will be home by the time the next wave hits. The boys have been outside already, and the ice coating over the snow we had on the ground makes it interesting! I really hope we don't lose power.
                                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                                X