Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's ready for snow/ice/general destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal - Hilarious!

DH made it to the hospital. Then he, the other genetics fellow and a genetics counselor tried to figure out the patient schedule since no other clinic staff were there, but patients were. His attending made it in 30 minutes after DH. Oops!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Veronica--they actually did cancel class today!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I knew when it hit because the wind was ridiculous. It was 75 yesterday and tonight it will be 20. South Texas has psychotic winter weather. They mentioned 'ice' in a newcast so of course everyone is all aflutter. I'm more worried about Stretch the outdoor kitty. Hopefully my neighbors will take him in tonight. I can't bring him in anymore- he doesn't do well with my dogs.

Jenn

Comment

I got a note home today...school has been cancelled for tomorrow. And the note mentioned to check bf sending them Thursday.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

It was either nice and quiet in KC or I'm a really deep sleeper because I didn't hear a thing. Everything's white here now. Thank God I don't have to go out. I think we could live for a month with the food I have stocked up.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
              You all are going to roll your eyes at me, but I am actually really jealous that we haven't had ANY snow this year. It's been clear and in the 50's here the past two weeks. I can usually count on at least one snow day per year, but not this year. I so love me a good snow storm! I'll have to live vicariously through
              you all. Be safe everyone!
              You do realize you have now cursed us for next year? I'm holding you responsible if next winter is a bad one there.

We are luckily not getting any of this - we've had enough this year already so I'll take it (or the lack thereof)!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Definitely, to echo WGW, stay safe everyone!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Veronica--they actually did cancel class today!
                  Bunch of sissies!

Kidding!
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                    It was either nice and quiet in KC or I'm a really deep sleeper because I didn't hear a thing. Everything's white here now. Thank God I don't have to go out. I think we could live for a month with the food I have stocked up.
                    the wind is supposed to start later ... just as the snow starts to die down.

Comment

They just closed our office for the day, but of course I can't leave because my year-end associate review is at 6pm. Grrrrr...

Also looks like the office will be closed tomorrow, but since all the partners I work with know that I'm only two el stops from the office, they will expect me to be here so I can forward them the documents they need to work from home.

I hate snow days!
                      - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Lovely about the wind. So now you can shovel again! Yay! Grr.

School was cancelled for the kids today, which was BS because we got two inches overnight but it stopped long before school started. The real snow is coming after midnight tonight.

Be safe, everyone! I will keep my fingers crossed for those of you getting ice & wind that you don't lose power.

Comment

My neighbors and I keep hoping that the house that's falling down between us will be helped along by some wind. Maybe today will do it. Unfortunately, it's shifting off it's foundation back and to the right which is dangerously close to their house. I found more of their roof tiles in my yard this morning.

J.

Comment

Can you have it declared condemned?
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne said: "... condemned?"

Yeah, what she said.

Comment

Well, nothing all day today, but EVERYTHING was closed. Around 2pm, the wind kicked up, snow started, and we are in complete white-out conditions. I guess the ride home for the kiddos would have been tough. Fortunately, DH's privileges at the new hospital don't start until Thursday, so he can't go in for the "all hands on deck" that was declared (yes, I'm selfish). The one time our timing works out.
                                -Deb
                                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                                X