Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Power Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Out

Last night our power went out at about 10 pm...

The utility company here is really bad. Really really bad. Just too many customers. Not enough motivated employees. They are infamous for not fixing power outs for days...

Luckily, it came back on at about 3 am, but I was worried I was going to have to check in to a hotel or something! Visions of spending the day at the mall or at the movies to stay out of the cold were in my head! We do not have a fireplace in our house. We had one, but a previous owner covered it up with drywall lol. So... we are very much dependent on power!!

The weather wasn't even an issue. The freezing rain storm never happened, just a random power out, which I'm sure helped our power to get on faster bc the company wasn't out fixing power outs due to bad weather!

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Yikes! So glad it went back on! We worry about power outs in the summer when the house can get well over 100 degrees without air conditioning . Stay warm!!!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Power outages are one of my biggest winter worries. I'm so glad they got you up again so quickly. Phew!
      -Ladybug

Comment

Electricity is a wonderful thing. Two years ago we were without electricity for a week it was horrible.

Comment

This was us too, Peggy. There was no freezing rain storm, so we can't really figure out why the power went out. Maybe someone slid into a pole?

Pepco is a curse word to a lot of my friends in that area. I would be paranoid to have a power provider that sucked that bad, no matter what the season. I couldn't fall back asleep after it went out - I kept running all the scenarios for the rest of the day without power! This was our first major outage with Delmarva, and we were fairly satisfied with how quickly they got it back on.
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We were introduced to Pepco during "hurricane" Isabel in 2003. Wed just arrived here and everyone was uptight about sustained winds of 40 mph. I was... Ummm. Incredulous I guess? That's not much wind compared To where we moved from. Well, it was September and we were without power for 3 days. It sucked. Lost lots of food! But we didn't have to worry about heat. It was plenty warm! The storm last week knocked power out for a week for some people. Give me a break!!! That utility co has problems...
            Peggy

Comment

It is still tenuous here. The power flickered this afternoon, and you have never seen someone get into the shower as fast as I did. I wanted just one more hot shower, just in case.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sending keep the power on vibes your way!!
                Peggy

Comment

Ugh, I just saw on the news that our gas company is having issues & there are thousands in our city w/o gas. I'm REALLY hoping they get this resolved soon!
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                    Ugh, I just saw on the news that our gas company is having issues & there are thousands in our city w/o gas. I'm REALLY hoping they get this resolved soon!
                    Our gas is out and likely not to be back on until Saturday (late Friday if we are lucky) . Apparently El Paso supplies the Natural gas to the pipeline that goes to Tucson and there is just not enough in the pipeline due to the high demand. Our house is fine now, about 63 but will be very cold once the sun goes down. Bummer...
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh no!!!!
                      Peggy

Comment

I don't suppose you have a wood fireplace being in AZ?
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We have a beautiful fireplace but we have never used it and have no supplies, lol. Heading to moms for the night
                          Tara

Comment

Glad you have somewhere warm to go!
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Stay warm!
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                              X