Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What they don't teach in med school.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they don't teach in med school.

That perishable items should be refrigerated or frozen. I went to Costco with my mom today and DH and I both met up at my parents house. I had somewhere else to go, so I sent him home with the yogurt and frozen wontons...which I found on the kitchen counter when I got home.

I point blank asked him if he couldn't figure out where the yogurt goes. He said no. Apparently this isn't taught until the 2nd year of med school?

Did I mention he was a microbiology major???

He should have just admitted he was lazy. I'm never going to let him live this one down.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Wow. Just...wow.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

haha This is a good one!
      High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Dude, WTF. He can't remember where the big cold box in the kitchen NEXT TO THE COUNTER that dispenses his precious yogurt? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          That perishable items should be refrigerated or frozen.
          And this comes up in pathology all the time. "How long has this specimen been sitting here?? That's not good for patient care."
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Ewww Julie - I don't really want to think about specimens as perishable items!
            Kris

Comment

We are all made of meat.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I want to like this ^^^. It's a different world, being married to a pathologist. "How was your day, dear?" "Oh, I had 3 breasts, a foot, some liver .... "

Comment

LOL, DH has actually done something freakishly similar before. I read him the riot act & it hasn't happened since. He has however just put all perishables in the deep freeze without even bothering to take them out of the bags.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I know - hearing work talk at the dinner table is not always a good idea. Particularly when he was on autopsy... That said, I grew up with some pretty gross dinner table talk, my mom was an ICU nurse and would tell us about her day. My favorite was a patient she referred to as Jabba who had bed sores because he was so fat. I think I was about 12.
                    Kris

Comment

I enjoyed the fact that my husband had three of his close friends that shared the same cadaver in med school. Apparently at some point they need to figure out what the last meal was...and I relived that man's last meal for years- "so, were the lima beans the cause of death?" DUDE- He's been dead for a long time. At this point, thank him for his service, and don't eat lima beans. Just move along.

J.

Comment

Working...
                      X