Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iPhone part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone part 3

It won't power on anymore. Sob! Last time it did this, I kept it plugged in for a couple of days and it miraculously turned itself on. This time? Nothing.

I have tried keeping it plugged in over night in the van, it spent a day on Thomas' super charger ... and a day/night at my bedside *regular* charger.

I don't know what to do....I think it finally bit the dust.

Of course I didn't back anything up since my last scare. I'm such a moron! I wonder if this means that I will lose all of the music that I downloaded .... again.

Please send imsn mojo to get this sucker to turn back on!!!!!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Ugh! I hope it turns on again and you get your music back! I am horrible about backing up my computer..... Must do it tonoght!
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

So that's why you aren't texting me back!!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Waaaah! I'm missing text messages.....

Comment

Sending "fixed phone" vibes your way!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Have you tried Resetting - hold down the Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds? Or just holding down th power button for several minutes? Those have worked for me. I really hope you can get it restarted.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

The power button doesn't work anymore .... sigh

Comment

I was wondering where you've been. Sorry about your phone...that sucks.

Comment

Does anyone know what happens if you put your sim card in a diff. iphone? Heidi has offered to send me one Is it just as simple as switching out sim cards?

Kris

Comment

Providing you saved everything to your sim card you should be good to go once you switch out the phones. All data saved only to the phone will be lost though
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

If the phone is unlocked, it will work. You may have some of your contacts saved to the SIM card if you used it with a different phone (not iPhone) before, but I think the iPhone doesn't use that by default. There's an option to import SIM contacts to the phone, but not the reverse. Stupid. You can try syncing the new phone with iTunes and see if that will work.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

What data is saved on the phone only? Will my songs still be there? eeek...darnit that I didn't take care of syncing sooner.

Does the phone need to be activated in some way or is it basically good to go once you pop your card in?

Comment

Ignore my "unlocked" comment. You're probably both on AT&T. Call and ask about activation I suppose? My guess is no, but I don't really know because I unlocked my iPhone and had it jailbroken.

Pretty much everything is saved on the phone, but you should have all your songs in iTunes, no? Your emails may or may not be there depending on how you set up the accounts. SMTP or POP?
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

We change sim cards between phones all the time. Phones are all by the same provider so no activation is necessary. Just pop in the sim card and it should work unless something is different with the iphone.
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What about syncing it with iTunes? Perhaps that might work (it's helped me before when my iPhone wouldn't turn on).
                              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                              X