Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite podcasts

So part of my sahm status includes me staying active physically and socially in order to keep my sanity...so I am auditioning to be the host of our local dairy farm (we get their milk and other dairy products delivered). I'm not likely to get it but I want to go in prepared. I love NPR and wait wait don't tell me and this american life but do you have any others that you love and do you know any good farm related podcasts to recommend? Odd request but you folks know everything

The audition is on Wednesday!!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

I saw the title of the post, and immediately wanted to suggest "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me". Obviously not necessary.

I don't know of any farm-specific podcasts, but I know a lot of science-related magazines and journals have podcasts that MIGHT have some information. Scientific American is the first to come to mind.

Good luck with the interview!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

What does a dairy farm host do?

I like Wait Wait and This American Life too. Also Playback, which features NPR stories from 25 years ago.

I really like the Slate podcasts. They are all weekly, except DoubleX is every couple weeks, I think. Links to the most recent episodes:
      -Political Gabfest
      -Culture Gabfest (movies and TV and stuff)
      -DoubleX Gabfest (women's issues)
      -Hang Up and Listen (sports)

RadioLab is great for pop science (and awesome production values).

And I would be remiss not to brag on my little brother, who does Read It and Weep. They mock books and movies and tv shows. It's very funny but very NOT family friendly.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I love Stuff You Missed in History Class and The World Geo Quiz. My Dh loves RadioLab, and Freakonomics.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Thanks for the podcasts so far. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the topics will be other than how the farm is doing and perhaps sharing amusing anecdotes about the dairy. It seemed intriguing . Anything where I am encouraged to talk freely sounds like a lot of fun. My kids seem to not get all my jokes!
          Danielle

Comment

"science friday" from NPR
            "as it happens" and "vinyl cafe" from CBC radio.
            Nothing farm-specific, sorry!
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The Splendid Table from NPR.

J

Comment

Just found out I got the gig as host of the new video podcast for our local dairy. I'm so excited that I need to celebrate with more than a glass of milk . I just hope my teeth problems get resolved quickly so I don't have to be toothless on camera!
                Danielle

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Sweet!
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Neat! Good luck with your first pod cast!
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Yay! Congratulations!
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Congratulations! That's awesome. I listen to Pardon the Interruption sometimes - definitely has nothing to do with the farm. I need to check out these other ones.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Congratulations!
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I hope you have a lot of fun with that! Congrats!
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X