Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service

I just have to brag on Amazon. I ordered a 20 lb. bag of cat food through my Amazon Prime with 2 day delivery. It instead took 5 days. They offered to refund my entire purchase price. So free bag of $28.00 cat food for me! This is what will make me a loyal customer forever!

That's awesome.

I'm the first to call someone out for bad customer service, so I have to give credit where it is due. Amazon has AMAZING customer service and I will be a life long loyal customer. Lego and Hannah Anderson are pretty awesome too.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That's awesome! Sadly, my last experience with Amazon's customer service was not so good. Still waiting for them to replace something that arrived damaged. Received it on April 4 of last year.
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
        That's awesome! Sadly, my last experience with Amazon's customer service was not so good. Still waiting for them to replace something that arrived damaged. Received it on April 4 of last year.
        That sucks! My new secret weapon is posting a problem on a company's Facebook page. If I were you I would post exactly this and see how quickly they contact you.

Comment

That sucks, corn poffi.

They've been great to me. They recently replaced a gift order that the recipient didn't get, in spite of tracking that said it was delivered.

RedEnvelope has also been great. I once got a Christmas cactus with a broken pot. They sent another one, and I got to keep the first one as well. Another time the glass in a picture frame broke during shipping, and they sent another one right out.

Then there's Zappos...
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I've always loved Zappos customer service.

The one company I've only had awful experiences with is Dell. I will never buy another Dell product after the disaster we had trying to purchase a flat screen TV from them in June.

Comment

Amazon & Zappos absolutely ROCK. The Zappos CS folks are so cool, I usually end up on the phone w/them far longer than it takes to fix or answer my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                Amazon & Zappos absolutely ROCK. The Zappos CS folks are so cool, I usually end up on the phone w/them far longer than it takes to fix or answer my question.
                The last time I called Zappos the guy and I totally bonded! And he sent me a hand decorated card with my shoes.

Comment

I LOVE doing business with Zappos. They seem genuinely invested in helping you out.
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Loving whomever suggested writing on a company's facebook wall. MUCH faster response than submitting a message via their website.

Comment

Just chatted with Zappos about my lovely Uggs that I purchased in September that are not wearing so nicely. They offered a refund or exchange!

Comment

Have been pretty happy with Amazon so far. Stupid UPS left my package at the end of the driveway the night before a big snow storm, I didn't find the box until a week later when the snow melted. Luckily Amazon sent a new shipment right away, even overnighted it.

Comment

I've been pretty happy with Amazon too. Zappos and Lands End and LL Bean are all really great to work with too.

Comment

I'll add another one: SquareTrade people are super fast to get back to you, and they actually read your question and respond thoughtfully, not with canned email responses.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

Was always so happy with Amazon..until today. I am actually so embarrassed to admit how much I spend with them, I refused to add it up for DH. Yes - I won't even admit it to myself, but I know it's thousands a year. I have three small kids, and Amazon Prime, so I don't have to pay for shipping. All of my Christmas, birthday, other gifts, as well as everyday items (including food) come from Amazon. I have items scheduled on subscribe and save. I'm basically an Amazon addict. I also frequently tell people to buy things from Amazon. Today, my dad was supposed to order a $700 grill from them for his birthday gift from us (he helped DH install a hardwood floor in our master last week, and would accept nothing in return - this is the most extravagant gift we ever given anyone). Because it's a large item, we had to coordinate and schedule delivery. This morning (after arranging to be home all day for the delivery) he gets a call from the freight company saying they had the delivery scheduled, but no item from Amazon. I contacted Amazon and this was their solution...we have no idea what happened (even tried to blame the freight company until I pointed out that was the company that notified us there was a problem) or when another grill will be delivered, but we won't charge your credit card for a second grill. Well, considering we never received a grill, I didn't really think rescheduling it was very generous. I asked them to wave my Amazon Prime cost for two years (they offer Amazon Prime free to college students). The best they could do was offer me $30.

I have a Kindle, so I will continue to give Amazon some business. Other than that, we're done. I told them so. They really don't seem to care. Their answer about the college students getting free Prime was that they were trying to get new customers. Guess they don't care so much about the existing ones.

Do you think Nordstrom could start carrying cereal bars and counter wipes? I'd really like them delivered to my door with good, reliable customer service. Oh well. Good riddance Amazon!
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X