Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Neurology residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neurology residence

My husband will be starting a neurology residence this summer. Would love some info on workload, hours, on-calls, etc. You know, the usual stuff!

Hi and welcome! I think those questions are best asked of the past and present residents at the program that your DH is going into. Every program is different. If he is neurology, any way it swings, its going to be a brutal adjustment. Post often. This site is a great way to handle next step in his medical career. There is someone on here who has been through anything and everything you have and will experience. Its a great site to let off steam and feel not so alone.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Neuro residencies vary greatly from program to program. No telling how the hours will be until you survey the current residents, which he probably already did. There's a few other neuro spouses here - lay your troubles down and we'll commiserate.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

and they generally all suck. But that's why we're here! What exactly they will do and when and where is hard to generalize. Will he be doing adult or child?

J.

Comment

Were you here in 2009 with your husband hoping to match in the Boston area exclusively? Congrats on a successful match this time around! Good luck to you both!
          Alison

Comment

Thanks! I was!

Comment

Adult...

Comment

Ah, well Fluff will be your go to guy but my beloved was required to do 9 months of adult neurology before moving on to Child. (He did his residency in peds tho.)

congrats on matching!

Jenn

Comment

Were you able to match around Boston like you wanted to? Good luck!
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                    Were you here in 2009 with your husband hoping to match in the Boston area exclusively? Congrats on a successful match this time around! Good luck to you both!
                    Wow. You have a memory like a steel trap.
                    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
                      Wow. You have a memory like a steel trap.
                      One of his posts came up under "Similar Threads" recently and I'd been wondering how they fared.
                      Alison

Comment

eventually, yes. he had to do two internships, though, both in boston, at least, and the residency is in boston as well. thanks so much for asking.

Comment

Im glad it worked out & you two got to stay in your location although it took awhile. You work at a university, right?
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I do! I am a professor.

Comment

I got a good memory! That's why you needed to stay in the Boston area. Well, be sure to stay in touch with us here & post. Residency sucks & we get it. Kudos to your SO for surviving two intern years! It's not for the faint of heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X