Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Portland Maine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Maine?

YAY We are headed to Boston for a Red Sox/Yankees game in a couple of weeks! We are SO EXCITED!
    Anyway, that isn't the important part!
    We are taking a day to visit family in Portland and I'm looking for some hotel recommendations or areas that would be best to stay. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

I'm 90% sure that I stayed at a Holiday Inn when I was there but that was 7+ years ago- a lifetime in hotels.

J.

Comment

We are heading up there next week. Love Portland. I think we stayed at the holiday inn suites near the water front. Right around the corner from the brewery and short walk to the center of town. Have a great trip and enjoy the game!!
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Andrew loved it there, but I didn't join him for that interview. He stayed at the Eastland Park Hotel. While he loved the city and thought the hotel was fine (but he's fine with most anything), I can't say I was too pleased with the experience from a financial standpoint. The program offered the candidates a reduced rate, but we were then charged a separate amount (I don't recall exactly how much) for the eventuality that there would be damage to the room. It wasn't a regular hold that you experience with gas stations. No, it was an actual charge that lasted several weeks, spanned two credit card statements, and took calling several times during regular business hours to straighten out.

Gosh, I come across like I got so worked up over this. It's just that it was one more thing to stress about while scheduling a whole bunch of interviews and travel arrangements. Ignore me. Portland is beautiful. I never heard the end of it. I hope you have a great time.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

I second Eastland Park Hotel. It's an old place but the rooms have been updated/modernized. It's pretty easy to walk to most areas of the city from there.

Another option is to drive north about 15 minutes to Freeport. They have a really nice downtown. LL Bean is there along with lots of outlet shops. I've never stayed overnight but I'm sure there are some good choices.

Comment

Working...
          X