Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anybody been to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody been to China?

I have to go to a conference in Beijing later this spring, and was just wondering if anybody had been there/had any suggestions of things do do while we're in China. My BF is coming with me on the little adventure, and we'll have up to a week to explore on our own. We're not quite sure exactly how much time we'll have, or where will be going, so I'm open for any suggestions!

We've discussed possibly doing Shanghai, Xian, and Beijing, but are not married to any of these places...except for Beijing of course. My boss might not like it if I miss the meeting!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too! I'm okay with the whole jet lag thing. I go to Asia fairly often for work. I find the difference in time easier to deal with than the trip to Europe...I think my body gets so confused it doesn't know it's tired! Not sure how the BF will fare, I'll schedule some downtime for him.

I really really really want to go to HK...every time I hear about a meeting there I try to convince my boss to send me...to no avail. I thought about doing it this trip, but sadly, we won't have enough time.

Comment

Xian is a hole that can easily be skipped. How much actual free time will you have? 3-4 days (budget one of these for great wall) in Beijing and 3 days in Shanghai is plenty.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how many days we'll have free...we're going to figure that out tonight. My guess is 2–3 days in Shanghai and 3–4 in Beijing, but I'm not sure. Is 2 days enough in Shanghai?

Comment

I have and loved it. Definitely visit the Great Wall. Tiananmen Square was amazing (I'm old enough to remember the protests/murders). Any museums you can vist will also be worth it!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It's hard to type a long reply on the phone keyboard. We went 3 yrs ago, if you have any more questions ask away and I'll try to get to a computer.

Comment

Thanks! I don't have any specific questions right now, but once I get stuff more figured out, I'm sure I'll be back.

Comment

Working...
              X