Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions?

OK- I'm having a sort of wierd moment here and thought I'd share.

As many of you know, we're renting a townhouse here in DC. So- apparently the woman who is functioning as kind of the rental agent and my husband were discussing ways to conveniently get the rent paid. He says they reached no conclusions as I am the primary check writer and he wanted to see what I thought.

I got home from a trip on Friday night and there in the mail was a stack of her deposit slips- with her personal information all over them- checking account, routing number, telephone number, address, etc.! Then I thought, "wait a minute- my sole responsibility here is to PAY the rent ON TIME not to schlep all the way to her bank to make the deposit." I was kind of pissed- besides the fact that I pay the few bills that we still pay by check from the road and I really don't feel comfortable carrying someone elses personally identifiable information in my stuff. Two of my co-workers have had bags stolen- one from a hotel and one from a rental car- not an issue I want to deal with!!

So, I emailed her and told her that I'd be happy to have the money sent directly to her from the checking account but I didn't feel comfortable making her deposits for her-

Is this wierd or am I having a moment over nothing?

Jenn

It really sounds wierd. Is she crazy?I think I would just mail her a check.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That sounds weird...I wouldn't want the responsibility of carrying around her personal info....I think you should just mail her a check...like everything else.

Michele
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'll pipe in here too.....I think that is rather odd. Um, guess that means she trusts you? But I would *not* want to be responsible for her personal information like that. Especially if you're having to travel with it to pay bills.
        It would make the most sense to just mail her a check. Another option would be to mail the check to her bank and write "for deposit only" and the account number on the back. That way you only have her acct number and name of the bank and not all of the other information on the deposit slip. Come to think of it, that's what my neighbor did when she rented her house.

Comment

That does sound wierd--I wonder how all the people whose checks she gave to you would feel knowing that she is turning them over to somebody else?
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Never heard of that one. She doesn't sound terribly bright. All this about identity theft apparently hasn't sunk in.

Comment

Working...
            X