Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speaking of couches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of couches

We are the market for a new one. Our first new couch ever, we've always got the hand me downs from dh's parents. It needs to be young child proof but lazy mommy comfortable. What's your favorite store, brand and material. Initially we wanted the chaise attachment but may just go for a matching arm chair. It's also a gift so would like to keep the main couch under $1200. Tall order!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Sometimes you can get a floor sample of the pottery barn basic for that...I like it for the slip covers ( especially with kids).

Comment

We went through Sofa Select and got a fabulous deal on a great set. Granted, it was a color that was heavily discounted because it was being discontinued, but we purchased 2 full-sized couches, a love seat, ottoman, and 3 chairs for around $3K. We had NOTHING in our house and had two living rooms to fill.

Comment

Crate and Barrel miicrofiber!
        Ours has gotten ed on numerous times and still looks pretty new.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I really think leather is great with kids.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Room and Board frequently discounts various colors and Raymour and Flannigan is having F&F sale first week of May.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              Crate and Barrel miicrofiber!
              Ours has gotten ed on numerous times and still looks pretty new.
              Ah yes...part of the reason we need a new couch
              Danielle

Comment

I just bought a couch and loveset but did it through the Army Exchange. That said, Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn both had floor samples on sale when I've been looking.

My parents have the Crate and Barrel microfiber couches and they've withstood everything from my dad spilling a full glass of red wine to their cat to the grandchildren and their sticky fingers.

Jenn

Comment

Crate and Barrel sofas are hands down some of the most comfortable couches hubs and I looked at on our sofa hunt. However, we aren't at the point where we can plop 1,000 down just on a sofa so we went with a leather Ektorp from Ikea. It's comfortable and most things wipe off easily from leather. If I were in your shoes I'd be looking at C&B where the couches are around the 1000 price point and they have lots of style and fabric options. Happy hunting!

Comment

I think we are leaning towards the C&B microfiber. Unfortunately the car just left our driveway with AAA and hope that doesn't have to become our gift. Ugh!!!

Thanks for the tips and I hope we really get to use them.
                    Danielle

Comment

Working...
                    X